Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Steam wraps around my arms and legs as I step out of the shower. I breathe in the heat and sigh, feeling more relaxed than I have in days. I grab a towel and wrap it around my waist, rubbing my palm against the mirror's foggy surface until my face comes into view.

Pieces of blonde hair mat against my forehead, and my gaze trails down my reflection until settling on my swollen lip. I lean forward, inspecting the damage. There doesn't seem to be an actual cut or tear anywhere, but damn does it hurt.

I slide my tongue along my bottom lip and flinch when it crosses over a tender spot. The feeling brings me right back to my kiss with Blake. I hold back a groan remembering how it felt to have his hands on me, fingers digging into my hip and forcing me closer.

He was just as hard as I was when he rubbed up against me. It was kind of weird having a dick so close to mine. Granted, there were two pairs of jeans separating our 'mini-men' from touching, but still. It's the closest I've ever been to man parts.

Would he have let me go further if I initiated it? He didn't seem to mind when I slipped my hand up his shirt and felt around. Maybe I should have tried my luck and traveled south a bit too. I run my tongue along my lip again, pressing harder at the tender part. A searing pain shoots through my lower jaw, yet the pleasure that accompanies it has my groin aching for release.

Is it pathetic that I want more?

"Knock, knock, Callu-"

I whip my head to the side just in time to see Cade's bright face pop inside the bathroom. He raises a brow and takes his time studying me from head to toe.

"Well, well, well. If I knew this was an option, I would have passed on dinner completely."

Cade pushes the door open and leans against its frame, crossing his arms over his chest. The cold air nips at my flesh, hardening my nipples in seconds flat.

"Get the fuck outta here," I snap at him. "You're letting in all the cold air."

Cade steps into the bathroom and closes the door behind him. Then his grin widens.

"Better?"

I tighten my hold on the towel and glare at him. When Cade agreed to come over – over an hour ago, mind you – he told me I could just 'leave the door open for him.' Of course he chooses now to finally make his grand entrance.

"You have some impeccable timing," I mutter under my breath, searching around for my sweatpants.

"Mmm, I'd have to disagree," Cade counters and gives me a pointed look. "If I had impeccable timing, I would have gotten here about ten minutes earlier.

Without looking at myself in the mirror, I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks and staining them red. Cade doesn't seem the least bit stressed about this situation. I glance at his attire, noting that he's changed out of his work clothes and into a comfortable pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt.

The combination makes him look younger. And gayer.

"You look like a fag," I say with a huff. "And where the fuck  are my sweatpants?"

"I'll take that as a compliment, because I am fag. Proud of it, too."

If I had said that to Blake, he'd be lecturing me up and down on the importance of respecting all sexualities. And blah, blah, blah, a bunch of shit I don't want to hear. Cade just laughs it off. I'm not sure which one irritates me more.

Clearly distressed, I shoulder past Cade and stomp out of the bathroom. He follows behind me and chuckles.

"You know, Callum, you have a keen ability of pulling off that whole "pissed off and brooding" attitude while managing to make it look sexy."