Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Warm, minty breath fans across my face. I breathe it in and sigh, pulling the scent into dreamland where Blake has made far too many appearances in one night. Fingers press against my hip, their pressure too gentle for my taste. I frown and buck my hips up, a silent invitation for more.

A chuckle.

Soft lips press against the side of my mouth and I freeze. Reality and dreamland become severed in one swift, jarring moment. My eyes snap open and Cade's curious grin comes into view. He's dangerously close to me, has fingers still trailing along my exposed stomach.

"Wha-whe-what are you doing here?" I ask through layers of sleep.

It's a poor question choice, because of course I know why he's here. My dumb ass fell asleep. Apparently his dumb ass did too. Cade grins and removes his hand from my side. His dark hair is brushed to the side, clear eyes staring down at me with keen interest.

Whatever expression is on my face makes Cade hold up his hands in mock defense.

"Calm down, I was trying to find a fun way to wake you up. And I see that it worked."

He glances down at my growing erection and I blush. Fiercely. If it was just casual morning wood, I would tell him to piss off. This erection is different though, caused by the leading role of my far-too-sexual dream. Blake.

I don't bother correcting Cade's assumption, and instead brush off him off before jumping out of bed. My towel is still balled up in a damp heap on the floor from last night. A streak of panic fills me when I switch my gaze to the nightstand.

"Shit."

Cade's brow puckers and he follows me gaze to the clock. "What's wrong?"

I grit my teeth and fling open my suitcase. All the clothes in sight are thrown inside without being folded. If my brother was here, he'd be throwing in all the toilet paper and tissue boxes into my suitcase too. 'It's included in the price of the room,' he'd always say whenever we went on a family vacation.

"Do you need my help, Callum?" Cade asks, regaining my attention.

His tone is light but serious, genuine concern lacing his words. I grab a pair of jeans and head to the bathroom.

"My flight leaves in less than two hours," I explain, shutting the door behind me. "And Blake told me to meet him in the lobby at 9:00 AM. Sharp."

I mimic my boss's voice, nailing the timbre and tone flawlessly. Cade stifles a laugh and I can almost see him smiling from the other side of the door.

"Man's got you on a tight leash," he comments.

Yea. Something like that.

I finish changing and hurry out of the bathroom to finish packing. By the time I close the zipper of my suitcase, Cade has the hotel room looking immaculate. He gives me an impish shrug and stuffs his hands into his back pockets.

"Force of habit," he says. "I cleaned hotel rooms before I became a bartender."

I'm about to make a snide joke about how his talent for making beds far exceeds his ability to make a stiff drink, but my eyes fixate on the clock again.

9:27 AM.

"Fuck. I gotta go, man."

I check my phone, half-expecting there to be gobs of unread texts and unanswered phone calls waiting for me. There aren't. A frown creeps across my brow. For some reason, the lack of communication from Blake has me more on edge than ever.