Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"What'll it be, Callum?"

Blake poses the question a second time, staring down at me with warm eyes. My nerves are so shot that I cross my arms over my chest to hide how badly I'm trembling. I've never been nervous for sex. Not ever.

Now I feel like I'm the most inexperienced man alive.

"The bedroom," I answer with a voice far shakier than I intend. "Please."

Blake smirks, pulling me towards him to place a lingering kiss on my forehead. His lips travel down the side of my face, landing on my lips a moment later. Already this kiss is so very different from the last one I had with Cade just ten minutes ago.

It's slow, a small flame burning behind it with enough potency to cause a wild fire. He doesn't rush it, his lips dominating the pace and intensity. He slips his arms around my waist, holding me in place with the strength and assurance of his fingertips. When he deepens our kiss, I sink into his touch, wrapping my arms around his neck to keep my balance.

He hoists me up, encouraging my legs to wrap around his waist. They seem to obey of their own accord and tighten into place around his hips. I pull back from our kiss for a second, glaring at him and hating the feel of femininity to this.

"I'm not your fucking bitch," I say with a glare. "Put me down."

Blake squeezes my ass, each hand cupping a separate cheek. "No. I much prefer moving around like this."

He walks us to the bedroom with measured steps, still holding me in place against his body. I feel uncomfortable having him carry me. I want to argue my case, but I'm afraid if I push too hard, Blake will make us go to dinner instead.

When we get inside the bedroom, Blake lowers me onto the bed with such tenderness that I want to punch him in the arm to show him just how masculine I can be. But I seem to be pinned in place – not just by his legs now straddling me, but also by his gaze. It devours me, his eyes studying every inch of my face until landing on my lips.

"Callum," he whispers. "Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes."

He pauses, his face becoming taut with restraint. "Tell me why."

My dick swells beneath my jeans. He grinds into me just enough to make me harden more. I mean, I know he can feel how excited I am. That should be answer enough. When I roll my eyes, Blake seems to pick up on my annoyance and leans down to place a single kiss on my lips.

"Please," he says again. "Just humor me."

"Well aside from the fact that I haven't fucked someone in months and I'm hornier than shit, let's also throw in there that I've fantasized about this for a while. Oh, and – yea, I kind of like you."

"Kind of  like me?"

I scowl, fidgeting under the weight of his body. If this dude is trying to get me to make some romantic confession right before we do the dirty, it's not happening. It's just not. There's no reason to lie and say I don't have feelings for the guy, but the unsure side of me kind of wants to see if those feelings stick after being with him sexually.

"What else?" Blake whispers, as if reading my thoughts.

I redden and silently thank Blake for not hitting the light switch when we walked into the bedroom.

"We've had months of sexual tension between us," I say, admitting the final piece. "I want to see if all that sexual build-up is affecting my feelings for you. I want to see if they're still here after we, you know..."