Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Blake trails his knuckles down my cheek. The soft and intimate touch is enough to heighten my senses in the dark bedroom of the hotel suite. He shifts in bed, getting closer to me - close enough that his warm breath fans across my face.

"Are you still awake?" he whispers into the silence.

I open my eyes, surprised at how much the city lights illuminate the room. Blake's chiseled jaw is shadowed behind a light stubble, and I have the urge to brush my fingertips against it. The synthetic lights are doing wonders to his pointed features, giving him the appearance of a dark angel.

He smirks and allows the knuckle of his index finger to continue its path down my jawline.

"I had fun with you on our date," he says, still whispering.

"Me too. Despite the start of it. Well, that and the shitty wine."

Blake's smile slips and his finger stills. "I'm sorry, Callum. It was an asinine move on my part."

"Choosing a restaurant that served shitty wine?"

His remains unflinching, keeping a serious expression in tow. "For writing that note."

Yea. It was. I want to tell him that a piece of me is still fuming over it. It wasn't so much all the shit that happened at the restaurant, but more so the time spent at the hotel - well, crying. That fuckin' sucks to admit.

It's the fact that he knew I was so upset and waited hours before relieving my worry.

"Callum," Blake whispers, leaning his head in until his forehead touches mine. "Jealousy isn't an emotion I'm used to feeling. Yet when it comes to you, it's like it's always tethered to an exceptionally short leash."

My stomach quivers hearing about his jealousy. Is it wrong to find it attractive? Hot even?

"But because I'm not used to experiencing it," Blake continues. "I don't really know how to handle it."

His voice is deep and has a slight rasp to it, and fuck does he sound sexy. His comment is riddled with vulnerability, but there is still a masculinity to him that is unshakable. He slides his index finger along my jaw, stopping at my chin to urge my gaze up to his.

"Forgive me?"

I roll my eyes. "I mean. Is it part of my job description?"

"No, but it could fall under your 'other duties as assigned,'" he answers with a wistful smile.

"Yea, yea. Whatever."

There's a beat of silence, and Blake's gaze slowly rakes down my face. It's as if his eyes are lapping up every detail of me for the first time. Then his gaze lands on my lips, and my prior stomach quiver is put to shame by a full-on body shudder.

"I have to be honest, Callum. I have been staring at these all night long without being able to kiss them."

His thumb grazes my bottom lip, and my dick twitches at the action. I try to slow my breathing and act as unaffected as possible.

"It's been far too long since I've had them against mine," Blake murmurs.

It's an invitation. I can almost feel his lips inching closer, ready to claim mine in another heated embrace. Out of sheer disobedience I jerk my head back and frown.

"Yea, well. Those lips will have to suffer through one more night of loneliness. And after that little stunt you pulled today, you're lucky it isn't longer."