Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The black SUV sidles up to my curb at 10:59 AM. Right on time. Jared watches me skip down the steps, suitcase in hand. He gives me a knowing smile.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say my baby brother got bit by the love bug."

I punch his arm, hard. He grimaces and sticks his tongue out me. The exchange is nothing more than a childish altercation that should have phased out years ago. Though unlike the punches I gave him when we were kids, this one isn't given with hatred or annoyance.

It's given out brotherly love.

Jared holds up his hands to retreat, his plaid shirt tightening around his slender arms. "Stop. You win. You win."

I dust off my shoulder and open the front door. "All in a day's work."

Blake gets out of the car and opens the door for me, a tentative smile playing on his lips. Jared sighs in longing.

"That dude is so hot."

I roll my eyes.... but can't say I'll disagree with him.

Since admitting my interest for men to Jared after returning from Florida, our relationship has blossomed. Now, instead of going out and trolling for women, I spend a lot of my free time with him. It's weird that I've been around the guy for eighteen years and only now am getting to know him.

Jared pushes me out the door and waves to my boss. Blake smirks and waves in return. Then Jared grabs ahold of my shirt and tugs me backward to whisper something in my ear.

"Promise me you'll text me the second you guys fuck!"

I slap his hand away and scowl at him. "You're an idiot."

Jared winks. "I'll take that as an 'Ok, big brother, I will!'"

I flip him off and straighten out my shirt, making sure to keep out of arm's reach this time. He gives a final look of longing to my boss, waves, and then shuts the door. It'll only be a matter of seconds until I see his head peeking out from the curtains of the second floor guest room.

Blake watches me as I approach him, eyes softer than I have seen them in months. His normal work attire has been replaced with a black t-shirt and jeans, a casual look that is far sexier on him than should be allowable.

"You look good," I comment.

Blake glances down at his apparel and then closes the distance between us. His lips find my ear, a gentle hand falling in place at the small of my back.

"You should see me without clothes on. I look even better."

My brain feels like it's about to explode picturing my boss stripping down to nothing but his birthday suit. I've seen him with just a towel once, and that view had enough potency to fill my dreams for weeks. Getting to see him naked would take it to a whole new level.

I duck my head into the car, breaking our contact. Blake chuckles faintly and closes the door behind me. The driver seems irritated that this process is taking so long. He must not work for Blake or else he'd be sending me daggers and making sarcastic small talk, no doubt.

Speaking of which...

"Is Todd picking us up from the airport?" I ask when Blake gets settled.

"Yes."

I roll my eyes. "That dude's annoying as fuck."

Blake smirks. "He's a very loyal employee of mine and I have known him for many years."