Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"I'll be back sometime on Saturday," I say to my older brother, Jared, just as I finish shoving my last pair of black pants into my suitcase.

Jared leans against my doorframe and watches me with a curious expression. I haven't seen him in almost four months but he looks no different. He's still the same tall, shaggy-haired, fag boy he was the last time I saw him.

"I heard you," Jared replies smoothly.

He takes a crisp bite of his apple and chews it slowly. A nasty retort sits on the tip of my tongue, but the familiar sound of the doorbell breaks my focus. I pick up my suitcase and shoulder past my big brother.

When I reach the front door, I really don't know what I expect to see. Needless to say, having Blake stand on my porch with his hands casually stuffed into his jean pockets with a limo in the background catches me off-guard.

"Whoa, who's the hottie?" I hear Jared whisper a few feet behind me.

"Shut up," I hiss. "You're disgusting."

"Seriously – who is it?" he presses. "Callum, have you crossed over to the dark side without telling me?"

Jared gives me a pointed look before staring out the front window of the house. His eyes unabashedly study my boss from head to toe. I don't know why seeing him do this irritates the hell out of me, but it does. My nostrils flare as I open the door to greet Blake. He straightens his posture when our eyes collide and a tight-lipped smile tugs at his lips.

"Hello Callum," he says and holds out his hand. "May I help you with your luggage?"

I ignore his offer and scoff under my breath. I'm not some woe-is-me pussy with no upper body strength. He can take that offer of his and shove it up his ass. With luggage in hand, I move away from the door and nod towards the limo.

"Is that yours?" I ask.

"Hardly. I'm not keen on leaving my car at the airport though."

"So you'd rather piss away hundreds of dollars renting out a limo to take you to and from the airport?" I quip.

Blake raises a brow at me. Normally I reign in my attitude a bit more when I'm at work. Seeing him outside of work, however, makes me feel like I have the upper hand. Jared skips down the front steps. Having no qualms about interrupting our conversation, he sticks out a hand to my boss.

"Hey," my brother says with a curious grin. "I'm Jared, Callum's older brother."

Blake shakes his hand and smiles. "It's good to meet you, Jared."

"You too. Though ah..." Jared scratches at the back of his neck. "I'm still a bit unsure as to who you are. My baby brother here told me he'd be home no later than Saturday afternoon. I guess I didn't realize he already had a travel companion."

Blake's grin turns to a smirk, but he doesn't say anything.

"So can I make the assumption that you've managed to pull Callum into the world of loving dick and that you're his boyfriend?" Jared asks with hopeful eyes.

My jaw goes slack. Jared rarely comes home to visit. So why did he choose this weekend of all weekends to stop over? My fingers curl into fists at my side, and I send a piercing glare to my brother.

"I'm not fucking queer!" I spit in his direction.

"The ones who fervently deny they like dick are the ones who end up liking it the most," Jared counters.

Blake tips his head back and lets out a throaty chuckle. "I see Callum comes by his lack of a verbal filter rightfully."

"Oh...ha, sorry about that," Jared laughs. "Blame it on faulty DNA."