Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Playing the role of Blake's personal lackey starts wearing on my nerves. So far today we've looked at the possible new site location, had a three hour meeting with the bank, filled out a shit-ton of paperwork, and had two conference calls.

I look down at the time showing on my cellphone and squint. We left the hotel this morning at 9:00 AM sharp. It's been non-stop moving for a full eight hours. Did I also mention that we haven't eaten anything since breakfast?

Yea. Well, we haven't.

Blake tossed me a granola bar in between conference calls to stave off the gurgling noise that was beginning to sound like a chain saw ripping through my stomach.

A granola bar.

The only people who eat granola bars are prissy chicks who count their calories and dudes who hike up the Swiss Alps. I'm nowhere close to fitting in with either of those categories. Needless to say, the granola bar remained on the table in the conference room – uneaten.

"...Luke, I need the insurance information faxed to my office by Monday...No, I don't need any tax information yet....yes, just the insurance....thanks, Luke."

Blake lets out a content sigh and stuffs his cellphone into his breast pocket. Todd looks at him from the rearview mirror and smiles.

"How'd the day go, boss?"

Blake relaxes into the backseat of the convertible and slides his sunglasses into place. The Floridian sun and heat don't seem to bother him nearly as much as they bother me. His jacket lays overtop of his left thigh, and he carefully unbuttons the cuffs of his dress shirt before rolling the sleeves up to his elbows.

"It was great, Todd. Thank you."

Todd nods and then his gaze flickers to me. "And what about you, Mr. Greene? Did you enjoy your day?"

I snort and shake my head. There's no point sharing my complaints with Todd. His nose is shoved so far up Blake's ass that the tip is starting to become worn down. Blake turns towards me.

"Are you hungry, Callum?"

I roll my eyes. "Let's see. It's been over eight hours since I ate, and you've been dragging me around like a piece of luggage all day. I'm fuckin' starving."

"I offered you something to eat," Blake replies calmly.

"A granola bar isn't food. It's like cardboard clusters glued together with a hint of sugar - a failed attempt to hide the nastiness, if you ask me."

Blake smirks. "Todd, would you please drive Mr. Greene and myself to the hotel? I think he could use a touch of lunch."

"A touch?" I ask incredulously. "More like a lust-filled affair with it."

Blake lowers his sunglasses so I can see his eyes. "Well there you go, Callum. It looks like you'll get that lust-filled session after all."

He says this as a joke, but his words take me back to our little confrontation from the night before. You know, the one where he banned me from practically even looking at someone if the intention of sex was on my mind?

What a jackass.

I've heard of overbearing bosses before, but never did I think that one would try to run and single-handedly ruin my social life.

"'Course boss," Todd says and types in the directions into his GPS. "We'll be there in just a few."

I cross my arms over my chest and slump against my seat. I'm not entirely sure which I'm more pissed off about – Blake's boyfriend coming into town so he can have sex, or him banning me from having it myself. Maybe it's both.