Chapter 30 : Blaise

Blaise

Draco had taken us to the Leaky Cauldron. Yeah, talk about keeping a low profile for the next day. He even brought Pansy with us, which I didn’t think would happen. When we all had managed to untangle ourselves from each other, Pansy rounded on us both.

“Why did you bring me here?” she yelled at both of us. “This could get us all in trouble. Do you know that? We have to go back right now.”

“We can’t go back just yet,” Draco grimaced at her. “We’re not going to get in too much trouble, okay? We’ll just say that we got lost after apparating. We apparated to the wrong place because we couldn’t think straight, and being as scared as we were, we just decided to stay the night there. We’ll go back in the morning.”

“I thought you wanted a whole day or even two?” I questioned him.

He shook his head. “We couldn’t possibly be gone that long. I just want a little time to set my priorites straight. Then we’ll had back to the Manor, deal?”

“I guess, but we better go back in the morning, or I’m going to beat the shit out of both of you,” she sigh before fixing herself a little. “We can use my parents room that they keep open in case of emergencies. Come on,” and she led the way.

After all of us getting a shower and getting properly clean, we had to decide where we were all sleeping because there was only one bed. I was pretty sure that Pansy would say that her and Draco get the bed, but she automatically took the sofa. Draco and I exchanged looks.

“So,” she said, looking from Draco to me, “what is this little adventure about? You have to tell me now that I’m stuck with you, so don’t think you can wriggle out of this one.”

“Draco needs some time to think without everyone breathing down his neck,” I started with a look at Draco, who took it upon himself to finish the explanation.

“I can’t choose between two girls. I’m completely sure that I’m in love with one of them. I’m just not sure who,” he said with a grimace.

She rolled her eyes. “You’re risking our lives over some petty problem? That’s not right Draco. Okay, we need to get you through this. So, this one girl has to be Hanna. Who is the other girl?”

“Well, it’s Astoria,” he stated, which caused her mouth to drop open.

“But you two hate each other! Well, I know that she hates you at the very least. I had to hear about it over that bloody Christmas dinner. You know, most girls act like they hate guys when they’re really attracted to them…”

“Oh, hell no. Are you saying that Draco should choose Astoria over Hanna?” I question her, somewhat in shock. “Everyone knows that Draco is going to marry Hanna one day. Who cares about this other girl, Pansy. Astoria will never know Draco like she does.”

She smirked. “Or does she? They’re practically one and the same. They’re both stubborn. They both think they should get what they want. They both are complete asses most of the time. You know what I mean? They’re just too stubborn to see how compatible they really are.”

I shook my head. “What happened to you, Pansy? You’re different.”

She shrugged. “I’m just in love is all.”

“With that bloke, Robbie?” Draco asked. “You’re not serious are you?”

She nodded. “I’m as serious as the nose upon your face. I am in love with Rob Castings, and it shouldn’t be a surprise to any of you. We certainly haven’t been keeping it a secret. That’s for sure.”

“We thought you were trying to make Draco jealous,” I smirked.

“Oh, goodness, no. Draco and I do not clash well. I was just too stupid to see it.”

He shook his head. “I still don’t know what I should do. You’ve gotten everything figured out. Well, both of you do. What am I supposed to do?”

“Isn’t it obvious,” Pansy licked her lips. “You belong with Astoria.”