Chapter 12 : Bella

Bella

“You seem…”

I couldn’t put my finger on it. Hanna seemed…different from the day before. I mean, the whole train ride to King’s Cross she was glowing. I think it had to do with what happened the night before, which she still hadn’t told me about at that point. We were sitting with Blaise, so I guess she wanted to wait until later. I could understand that.

“I seem…what?” she giggled.

“Happy,” I finished, smiling broadly at her.

She stood and headed for the compartment door. “I’ll be right back,” she said before closing the door behind her.

I then looked at the smirking Blaise, who had his arm around me. “Why is she so happy? I know you know. Does it have anything to do with last night? Did she chase after Draco after Snape took him out of the party?”

“Let’s just say that I saw her sneaking out of the Slytherin common room in that same little black dress she wore to the party. Not,” he added quickly, “that she saw me see her. I was standing in my doorway from the end of the hall.”

I smirked myself. “Really now? So, her and Draco…?”

He nodded. “They sure did. He confirmed it at breakfast this morning before we came down to the train station. They’re not back together though. He couldn’t allow that. He just full-filled her last wishes. She completely understands though. She’s not hurt at all about anything that went down almost a month ago.”

“Oh my gosh. I can’t believe it,” I said, mainly to myself.

“I know. She seems the type to actually care about that, but I guess he explained everything to her, so they’re okay now,” he kissed my cheek. “And we’re okay now.”

“I love you,” I whispered, closing my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He kissed the top of my head and whispered into my hair, “I love you too.”

The compartment door then opened and closed. Hanna still had a smile on her face as she sat down across from us. She looked out the window and watched the scenery pass by. Blaise turned my face to his and kissed me gently.

“I’m going to go now. I’ll see you after break. Have a happy holiday,” he got up and waved at Hanna. “you too, Han.”

“Thanks, Blaise,” she whispered as he left.

Once he was gone and the door clicked shut, I took it as my chance. “When we you going to tell me?”

She looked at me oddly but with a smile. “How did you know?”

“Blaise said that he saw you sneaking out this morning. I can’t believe what a bad girl you are, Han. I didn’t think you had it in ya,” I laughed.

She shook her head. “It wasn’t like that. I didn’t go up there with the plan to do what we did. It just kind of happened. We talked everything out, and I know why we can’t be together now. He broke up with me to protect me from Voldemort.”

I nodded. “I know.”

She sighed. “And I’m going to stay away from him to protect him from Voldemort.”

“He’s made his own choice to be a deatheater, Han. You can’t completely protect him, you know?

“ I said, moving across the compartment to sit on the same side as her so I could pull her into a hug as the tears started to flow.

“I know that, but I can at least I can’t protect him from finding out that he’s fallen in love with a mudblood,” she said, pulling away. “Maybe if I stay away long enough, he’ll forget all about me.”

I shook my head. “That’s not likely to happen. He’s totally head over heels in love with you. He couldn’t forget about you even if he tried.”

“I know, but it’s the least I can do,” she said as the train screeched to a stop. “Let’s go. We don’t want to keep your mom waiting. Now, do we?”

Much to our surprise when we stepped off the train, we saw her mom standing next to mine. Fiona had actually braved seeing her daughter after she had walked out, cursing her. It had been the last straw, and I wasn’t sure if she was even ready to forgive her. It happened just a few short months ago.

“I can’t believe it,” Hanna said, stopping right in her tracks. “The bitch decided to show up.”

I sighed. “Well, maybe you should spend the holidays with her. She looks awfully sorry, and maybe you two can make up. It’ll be for the best.”

She shook her head. “I am not going home with her.”

“Well, you’re not spending it at my house,” I said, walking away from her.

“What are you talking about?” she caught up with me.

“I mean that you’re not spending the holiday at my house. So, find some other friend to mooch off of,” I smirked, not looking at her.

She stomped alongside me. “Now I have to go with her, you bitch.”

“I love you too,” I laughed. “Good luck,” I waved goodbye and ushered mom off in a hurry.

A/N: This chapter is for Lovey_Laney! It's her birthday today, and since this is her fav fanfic of mine (and she's since also bella in this! ha! she's also my kamrynn in Secret!) Anywho, i hope she had a nice birthday and that she liikes this chapter! i hope all of you like this chapter, so tell me what you think! love all of my fans!! <3