Chapter 26 : Blaise

Blaise

I didn’t want to think about it. Draco was going to ruin everything that I thought was safe. Well, I guess it’s not really his fault. We were both pushed into this lifestyle with no other choice. I shouldn’t blame him It wouldn’t be fair. I mean, I had the same awful life. The only good thing about it was Bella. She could brighten me up on any day.

“I love you,” I told her for the tenth time that day.

She smiled. “What’s the matter? That’s like the tenth time you’ve told me that today. Does something have you worried?” her beautiful brown eyes looked into mine.

I sighed. “Actually, yes, but I didn’t want to make you worry.”

“Well, obviously you have me worried already. What is it? Does it have to do with…” she trailed off and looked around, “him?

I nodded. “As I said before, if hell strikes, get yourself to the Room of Requirement.”

“Not until after I have found you,” she reached out and caressed my cheek. “I can’t live without you, Draco.”

I shook my head. “No,” my hand covered hers upon my cheek. “You need to get yourself to safety. You don’t need to worry about me. When the worst comes, I will be a part of it. I won’t be able to get hurt, but you will. I can’t let that happen. Get yourself to the Room of Requirement and take Hanna with you as well. If she’s hurt as well, I know that Draco will not be happy.”

She nodded. “I understand, Blaise. I love you,” and she kissed me.

A little while after our snogging session, I went to find Draco and make sure that everything was in line for the next night. I had to do it so I could spend the next day with my Bella without having to run around to do last minute things. I found him sitting in the common room staring off into space.

“Hey, mate,” I said, grabbing his attention. “Everything ready?”

He nodded as I sat down beside him. “I can’t do it alone.”

“Of course you can’t do it alone. You need some kind of look out, don’t you?” I shook my head at him.

“No, I’m not talking about that,” he said and had me confused. “I can’t run off alone by myself. After everything that will be done tonight, I can’t run off by myself. Will you come with me?”

“Run off? You mean sacrifice my life for you, mate?” I couldn’t believe what he wanted. “Can’t you just ask me to cover for you?”

He shook his head. “I need someone to go with me so it doesn’t look like I went awl. If two of us go, it just looks like we might’ve gotten lost. I just need a day or two away from everything to get my priorities straight. Please, mate?”

I sighed. “Sure,” I nodded.

Gosh, the things I did for that guy. He really had me in a bind there, but I couldn’t let him get into trouble. It would be worth it if he didn’t get into deep shit with the other deatheaters or him. My best mate couldn’t do it alone. He was right about that. I just hoped that everything went without a hitch, but perhaps I was just hoping for too much.