Chapter 15 : Blaise

Blaise

I sighed as I walked into the sitting room to find my parents wanting to talk to me. It never meant anything good. Well, for me that is. Jack and Helen had never made me their number one priority. I guess that’s why I acted out so much. I never had any real guidance, if you know what I mean.

“What is it?” I asked, sitting down on the armchair next to the loveseat, which was where they were seated.

“We have some great news to share with you,” Mom started with a broad smile on her face.

Oh, no. I knew right then and there that it was going to be really bad for me.

“We have moved up in ranks, which mean it matters who you marry. We can’t have you marry some  blood traitor who might ruin us. So, we have arranged one with the proper family,” Dad said cheerfully.

I gulped. “A...proper family?” This wasn’t looking good at all.

Mom nodded. “Yes, we can’t have you mixing with any Weasleys or, God forbid, those nasty Bolyard’s that live just down the street. I know they’re muggles, but that daughter of theirs has been walking past the house a lot lately, and I happen to know that she does attend Hogwarts. What’s her name again? Barbra?”

“Bella,” I said through clenched teeth.

“Yes, Bella,” Dad said her name like it was something that he wouldn’t want in his mouth at all. “We don’t want you with a girl like that. She’s bad for our reputation.”

My fist balled up on my knee. I couldn’t say anything, but I really wanted to tell them off. Bella was nothing that they were saying. Yes, she would ruin our reputation because she was muggleborn, but that was it. She was the most wonderful person that I had ever met. The most beautiful one too. I couldn’t marry anyone while in love with her, and I didn’t want that to change either.

“So, who is it?” I asked, having the feeling that I was going to be paired with my ex, Millicent. That would just be my luck, wouldn’t it?

“Pansy Parkinson,” Mom practically shrieked. We were definitely moving up if we were in with the Parkinson’s. I mean, Parkinson’s were up pretty high. It was a great honor, but not one that I wanted.

“When?” I asked other than flipping out, which I had a pretty big urge to do.

“We were thinking a nice June wedding. You know, right after you get out of school. What do you think about that?” Mom excitement seemed to ooze out of every pore on her body.

I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I couldn’t. Not only would I get in trouble for going against it, but they would disown me for falling in love with Bella. Besides, I had never seen my mom so happy. So, I just went with it. I told her that it sounded nice and asked if I could be excused. They allowed it, and I walked out of the house and up the hill towards Draco’s house. I would’ve gone straight to Bella’s, but I wanted to see if he got pushed into an arranged marriage as well. I made it up the steps before I heard voices coming from right behind the door.

“Draco,” it was obviously Lucius talking to his son. “This is Astoria Greengrass, your fiancé.”

I sighed. I knew Draco wouldn’t be happy with it either. He was still madly in love with Hanna, and nothing would change that. I was pretty sure that he was going to marry her. I would’ve bet my own life on it. I turned and made my way to Bella’s house. I needed to see her. I needed to let her know that I still loved her, but I wasn’t sure I could tell her about Pansy.