Chapter 15 {{~Bodyguard~}}

Start from the beginning

Josh quickly stood up again. "I don’t know who you are but get away from her!" Josh said angrily.

He sounded like I was still his girlfriend... but wasn’t that a lie?

"Shut up punk, don’t touch her." Ryan growled back, his voice even more imposing than Josh’s. He tilted his chin up and stared down at him in scorn.

Josh ignored him, and focused on me with guilt still evident in his eyes.

He started to walk my way but Ryan moved his body in front of my vision again.

"Dude fuck off!" Josh yelled angry.

"Make me!" Ryan said back in a low deadly voice.

Oh no. Most of the time, this is what happens just before a fight starts. 

And as I was right. Josh leaned forward, as if he was about to pounce on Ryan. Warily, I took a few steps back as Ryan sensed what he was doing and ducked, his fist connecting with Josh’s stomach when he ran at him. He groaned, and fell awkwardly on his back but soon he was back on his feet. My eyes were as wide as a deer in headlights, and a chill of apprehension ran down my spine. Their movements were so fast that it was like a blur, and the only thing I could register was Josh crying out in pain most of the time, but staggering back onto his feet to take on more blows.

I couldn’t help but cringe at every sound they made. Josh aimed for Ryan’s head. He bent backwards, just as his knuckles flew past his nose. Josh attempted a low kick at his shins, but Ryan jumped up and kicked at his weaker left leg before he could comprehend what was happening. That was when Ryan got the upper hand and became more of the offender, making little effort to defend himself here and there, and forced Josh tumbled back.

Josh had received so many blows all over his body, whereas Ryan was barely scathed. The way he fought looked like he had years of experience and practice; and just like any perfect fighter, he was light on his feet, but impossibly strong and lean.

"Stop...” I croaked but they didn’t hear me. They just continued to attack each other in fury.

I looked around me in hope I could find something to stop them with.

I saw a bucket filled with water, don’t ask me why it was there but it just was and without thinking any further as I always do I snatched it, and emptied its contests all over them.

They immediately stopped and turned to glare at me, their clothes drenched with water and sticking to their skin.

"Stop it!" I shouted this time they did hear me and Ryan released Josh from a headlock.

Inevitably, they had attracted attention. Some students had been watching the scene and others were coming this way to see what all the commotion was about.

Geeze, don’t they have class?

At the end, Josh looked pretty bashed up. He had acquired a large, black eye; his nose was bleeding and his bottom lip was cut open, there was a huge bump on his forehead, and his hair was sticking out everywhere. The colours of black and blue was dotted all over his arms, and top it all off, he had shifted his entire weight on one leg and water dripped all along his body.

Ryan looked completely fine in comparison to Josh, apart from the fact that he was wet too.

"What the fuck happened here?" My eyes widened as I heard Cameron’s voice from somewhere.

I quickly looked around and found him next to Amber looking confused.

I started to take steps back slowly not wanting to get noticed.