The Dancer in Blue

Jelina

I wasn't sure that this would work. I hoped it would. Not for me, but for Jade. I couldn't stand seeing her so sad as soon as she was around me. I felt so ashamed, I couldn't give her the happiness she deserved.

But I will try this for her. I'm having trouble to open up for my own girlfriend, so how the hell will this go?
Jade still sat next to me at the bath tub.
I took her hand and pulled her closer to me.

" Jump in, babe." I said with a silent voice. " Let me change first-" But being the prick I am sometimes, I took her in my arms and dropped her down in the tub with me.

" Gosh!" Jade gasped at the sudden surprise. " I don't have any extra clothes and I think my parents will find out-" I placed my point finger on her sweet, soft and pink lips.

" Don't worry I'll talk to them later, they seem to like me." Jade just rolled her eyes and chuckled. " Now what? I'm still wearing my clothes. "

I started to pull her shirt over her head. " I guess, we have to take them off then." She helped me with taking her pants off, so now she sat here with her underwears in front of me. She couldn't help but glance down on her own body.

" Shall I take it off?" I was so tempted to say yes, just rip everything off, kiss her all over. But I kept my control and said;

" Your body, baby. Your choice."

She bit her lip. I should make that as a another rule; 'Do not bite your lip, that's my job '. Slowly, she unbuttoned her bra and hid her medium sized breasts. " Come to me." I motioned her to crawl into my arms, which she did.

The warm water floated around us and I held her in my arms. I wanted her to feel safe when she was with me, I know things looked bad now. But I couldn't just let go of her just because of that.

I've never cared so much about someone like I care for her. Not even Nicole. Nicole was an amazing sister and a great friend. Jade though, she was so much more.

I've had both bad and good people in my life, mostly bad. Jade is the best that ever happened to me. It just clicked when I saw her in the corridors that day before the Art class.

I've never been so interested in someone the way I am with her.
Just like she had read her mind, she spoke up.

" Do you believe in soulmates?" I raised my eyebrows and asked myself the question again in my head. Soulmates.
I'm not so very religious, and I don't believe in ghosts. I don't even believe in real love for crying out loud!

Okay I take that back. I do believe in love, she made me change that opinion.
But soulmates.... I wasn't sure.

" I don't know. Maybe." I massaged her shoulders and she moaned silently. "
What about you? Do you believe in soulmates?"

Without doubt, Jade nodded, like it was the most natural thing ever. " Absolutley. I believe that there is someone out there for you. And when you meet them, you will feel it. As a click, you know?"

That kind of made sense, to me at least. I've heard a soulmate is someone who makes you a better person, or makes you feel better. Loved you no matter what, both good and the bad and the things in between.

" Yeah, that sounds fair. Someone for everybody."

We dropped the subject pretty fast. Didnt really know how to continue, but I think we were both sure it would come back later someday. Hopefully.

----/----

After just laying in silence in the bath tub Jade turned her face to me. " When do you want to talk to the pshycologist? This week perhaps?" I thought for a few seconds, the sooner the better. Just so I could get it out the way.

" How about tomorrow? After school." Jade frowned. " Are you sure? We can wait if you want to. I didn't mean to rush it." I just shook my head assurley.

" It's fine. I'll make a phone call later and fix an appointment for tomorrow."  I wrapped my legs around her waist and pulled her closer to me. She rested her head on my chest and I could feel how tired she was.

" Wanna go up?"

" Mm..." She mumbled. If we didn't go up soon, she'll fall asleep here. Not that I'd mind, but I think her parents wants her back before it's way too late.

We got dressed and she borrowed some of my clothes and we walked down. That's when I remembered something I wanted to show her.

" Jade, I want to show you something."
Jade yawned loudly but nodded. " Yeah sure. But no more play rooms or something. I'm super tired."

" I promise, I won't. Just trust me." I covered her eyes and led her to one of the doors next to the stairs. I turned on the lights and I could hear how her breathing started to increase.

" What is it? What is it?"

" Okay, 3...2..1!" I pulled my hands away and let her see it. The drawing I did for the school project. I know it was a long time ago, but I've already shown mrs Todd and she approved.

" Wait..." Jade walked closer towards it, reaching her hand to it. " Is that...me?"
Her fingertips touched the drawing and she looked so lost in it.

" It is, sweetheart." I replied, a small smile playing on my lips. She turned around to me, then back to drawing. " But I thought you drawed me while I sat down."

" I did at first. But when I saw you dance around that day in my living room..." I took a breath and wrapped my arms around her waist. " I just knew. This was the drawing I wanted to  draw."

" But you didn't have me in front of you. How could you still draw it?" She leaned in to my touch, I could feel her heart beating twice as fast. She must still be in shock.

" I had it in here, all the time." I nudged my point finger at her head. 
" I call it, The Dancer in Blue."

" This is a masterpiece, Jelina." Jade said truthfully. " Honestly, this is amazing. You should work with art in the future." I smiled at her words, they really warmed my heart. I kissed her cheek and she blushed hard.

" You're the masterpiece for me, Jade Conelly."