Easy and Right

Jade

" Hell fucking no." I said directly. I refused to believe what Hayley was saying, this couldn't be it. " I know that I sound like a bad friend, but the possibilty-"

" The possibilty? The possibilty that Jelina, my girlfriend, has raped and sexually abused someone is very, very low. How do you even say this to me?" Hayley sighed and shrugged. " Believe me, I have no idea. But before you start argue with this again, you should read this article." Hayley was over at my place and had the computer ready for me to see.

" Haven't someone ever told you that you shouldn't believe everything you read?" I said critical. " That's what I thought too, but when I read this..." Hayley just shook her head. " Jade, I'm not leaving your side and believes the atricle. I'm just saying there is a possibility, that something like this has happened." She eventually gave up and left me with my computer.

I didn't really dare to read this article, honestly. What if it was all true? I'm sure it wasn't but...I couldn't be 100% sure anymore. I sat in front of the computer and read the headline over and over again. I need help. Should I talk to Jelina first and then read the article, or read it first then talk to her. But what would I say?

" Hey, by the way, I read this article and it says that you raped someone. What do you have to say about that, huh? Am I your next victim?"

Oh Lord, what if I am? What if she just has been playing me all this time? Trying to decive me? Use me? There is people like that, first they trick you with candy and gives you everything you ever wanted and BAM! There goes the knife in your back. 

I've never felt this confused and uncertain. I took a look at the article and read the first paragraph.

" A case that has never been brought up, until now. Jelina Brown, daughter of Michael and Caroline Brown and sister of Nicole Brown, has since Christmas Day been charged of sexual abuse and rape on a family member. This took place six years ago, and we're all shocked that this hasn't been reported earlier. We all know what happened to her father and sister, maybe this has something to do with her previous actions?"

I stopped reading, this all made me sick and all I wanted to do was to throw up.  Sure, Jelina had a rough time. She said her mother was still alive, but she almost wished sometimes that she would be dead too.... Maybe she wanted to feel loved and cared for, but raping someone it's not the way to solve it, and she knows that. Don't she? I kept on reading.

" - Brown protests and says that she is totally innocent, says the Police. But we'll hold her in custody for a while and then we just have to wait and see what happens."

I shut down the laptop and begged my dad to drive me to Jelina's house for just a short visit.

" No, not now. It's getting late and you have school tomorrow." He protested and he kind of had a point there. But this was an emergency. I couldn't just say ' Yeah but Jelina is accused of rape and sexual abuse here so I need to see her.'

That would just give them a bigger reason to not let me go there now. I stomped back up to my room. I was about to give up and text her goodnight when I realized that I still had a window in my room.

Jelina did a great job to get up in that three and jump in to my room. So why couldn't I do the same but I'd jump out? Without wasting more time, I opened the window and climbed out.

Let's just say I got a few scratches when I got down. But I didn't have time to think of that so I jogged down to Jelina's neighbour hood and hoped that my parents wouldn't notice. I'm sure they would, but oh well. No risk. No fun, aye?

When I got to her house I knocked on the door eagerly. Calling Jelina's name several times. " Jel, it's only me!" But no one came. I grabbed the handle carefully and opened.

" Jelina? I need to talk to you." I said while stepping inside and closed the door behind me. I checked everywhere on the first floor and continued my search on the second floor.

" I know you're here, you're car is outside. So don't try to-" Then I saw one of the bathroom door letting out some light from the bathroom.

I walked over and opened the door slowly. Jelina sat in the bath tub looking totally broken. Like someone had cracked her in the middle.

" Sweetheart?" I whispered and sat down beside her. " Please don't touch me." She begged and moved away from my touch. Her eyes refused to meet mine.

" You read that article, didn't you?" Before I could really say anything she cut me off. " Of course you did. Or else you wouldn't have been here."

" I just want you to know that, I don't believe a single word in it." I didn't know if that was the full truth. But I didn't believe She could've hurt anyone, even she did, it wasn't on purpose.

" What makes you think I didn't do it? They way I've been treating you...." She turned her head towards me, her eyes dark as the night. Her facial expressions cold as ice.

" What are you talking about now?"

" Punishments, control freak and shoving panties in your mouth isn't something a caring girlfriend should be like, now is it?" I took a deep breath, trying to remain my calm.

" Jelina, the things we do, have been mutual. We know each other's limits. We know what to do if it gets too much." I could sense how she slowly relaxed and her eyes weren't as dark as moments ago.

" The control freak thing it's just an issue we can work on. If I wanted to go, I would've left by now. You know that." I said with an assuring tone. She nodded and stared into the wall in front of her.

I could see how lost she was, and it hurted.
I knew it would take a while for her to find her way back. But I would be there and help her. At least try, for her only.

" The cops will be after me now, you know." She said with a hoarse voice. " I have to get out of town for a while. Weeks, maybe months."

My eyes widened at this. " What?! So you did do it?" Jelina shook her head hastily. " No, no of course not. I just need some time, that's all. Time to clear my head. Then I'll tell them everything they need to know."

" Why not doing it as soon as possible?!" I raised my voice. " It's not that easy!" She yelled. I stood up angrily and gave her a stern look.

" This isn't a question about what is easy, Jelina. It's about what is right!" 
Jelina sighed and nodded.

" Okay, you're right. But, I need help if I'll do this. Your help." I was more calm now and nodded. " Anything. What is it that you need."

" A psychologist."