Chapter 58

NATHAN

There was an accurate reason to assume that someone is following us. Their movement was skilled enough to start a fight with us, but I guess, we're on the same side.

I extended my hand to stop my butler from making move to the snipers, hiding in the bushes beneath a small cliff.

I waited for those skilled men following us to make their own move. I watched silently as the snipers started to fire.

Seconds later, my eyes widened when the moron trio swiftly assassinated the unprepared snipers.

"Ilang butil ng bigas dala mo?" Logan asked to Lucian.

"Limang daan, bali nabawasan ng sampu ngayon. Alay para sa taong 'to," Lucian answered, pouring some grains on a dead body.

"Sa akin anim na daan," Logan replied and poured some grains too.

"Luh, nagbilang kayo?" Leroy asked in surprise as he dropped the grain one-by-one on a dead body.

"Hindi moa lam kung ilang bigas 'yung dala mo?" Logan queried.

Leroy frowned. "Alam ko," he answered as he proceeded to another body.

"Ilan?" Lucian asked.

"Isang kilo," he replied nonchalantly.

Logan and Lucian grunted in harmony before they spoke. "Bobo."

I shook my head as I signaled to my men to check the location where the snipers fired at.

"You three if you're done, explain it to me why the hell agents joined this war," I asked, staring intently at them.

"It's a personal reason and you know why."

Lawrence suddenly popped beside me. I grinned. "I thought she's a hostage that you raised?" I ridiculed.

He sighed. "She's my twin sister. No matter what," he replied.

I bobbed my head slowly. "So, can you trust your men?" I queried.

He slides his attention between me and his watch. "You think I'll bring them to rat me out?" he hissed.

"Okay," I replied casually and went after my other men that checked the area.

"Young master we found them, but we didn't approach," my butler greeted me with a gesture and jerked his head to their location. I nodded as I followed him. "Nano!" I yelled, running in their direction.

"Besh—Bal!" she beamed happily when she saw her twin brother.

I looked away when I noticed she had no pants. Wtf?

"Where's your pant?" Lawrence exclaimed in horror. "Maniego anong kagaguhan 'to?" he snarled.

"Tracker," he uttered calmly that made us get what he meant.

The great Ash breathed out in relief when he glanced at me. "Where are my thanks, Great one?" I teased.

He brushed his palm in his face as he got up. "Thank you," he responded genuinely that shocked me.

"Did you bump your head hard?" I asked rudely as I approached Ivan sneakily.

He immediately pulled Ivan that was about to give her brothers a warm hug. "I never bump my head in the first place. Let's move," he said and beckoned his remaining men.

"Yey, madami na tayo," Ivan cheered happily as she let him carry her like a pack of a sack.

She suddenly tapped her husband's back when she thought something. "Meron pala akong anting-anting," she introduced, pulling out a men's undergarment from her—Uhm, bra?

"Golden brief!" she beamed, raising it or more like hailing it in the air. She forced it to Ash's head.

I thought he would complain, but he simply remained in silence as he continued running.

"Ate, asan 'yung golden brief namin?" Leroy asked as he made his distance near to them.

Ivan was just happily conversing with her brother with a hint of fear. Her giggles and smiles made our hearts flutter even we felt she's scared. If one day we could smile like hers, I hope our world will no longer have a danger that awaits.

Her attitude gave us more reason to do better. Maybe, I couldn't be that one, but I want her to be happy.

This dangerous dawn that an unknown result anticipates for all of us. When the sun fully rises, I hope once again, for us to survive or worst—to make protect her.

"Nano, sa 'yung anting-anting ko rin next time, ha!" I said, smiling widely as her.

She smiled so beautifully at us as she nodded to us. "Fighting!" she cheered that made us copy her except her husband.

To be continued...