Chapter 55

IVAN

Later, over dinner, my brother also had to cook for us. It seemed that they don't keep servants in this house.

I gulped. "So, wanted ako, Kuya?" I said in an undertone.

My brother paused from biting on the apple he's holding, turning his attention to me. "Wanted is different from being hunted, right?" he queried and went back to watching a movie on a big screen.

I slide slowly to another seat beside him, where my brother slouched his lazy big body. "Safe ako dito?" I questioned, staring at him.

He turned his head over his shoulder to glanced at dad, who was silently slicing his steak. "Dad, our little one asked if she's safe here," he asked it to father.

I pinched his arm slightly. "Ikaw 'yung tinatanong ko, Kuya," I whispered.

Father extended his arm as he wiped a tissue on his mouth. "You'll be safe here inside, don't worry," he assured.

I nodded my head emphatically.

"But I guess, your husband isn't safe out there," Brother mentioned suddenly.

I gasped and bit the tip of my fingernails. "Wanted rin siya?" I squealed.

Brother scratched his neck. "Hunted," he corrected and suddenly jutted out of his chair.

Dad let out a deep sigh. "That young alpha sure is stubborn one," he mumbled and handed me some sandwiches.

"Out of chicken breast you had sautéed and then cubed up, the herbs that you put between the slices of soft wheat bread with fresh lettuce, onions, and tomatoes—I admit that you did well tonight," Dad applauded brother's work, sounding like a headmaster chef on television.

Brother ate the three sandwiches sitting on a plate in front of him with parsley on its top. He didn't hold back wolfing it down at once without choking.

My mouth was left wide open in amazement. I wondered if I could do the same since the sandwiches were twice the size of my palm. I squinted my beautiful eyes, imagining my gorgeous self-choking to death.

My dad suddenly excused himself to answer a phone call.

I pouted my lips as I watched my big brother shoved another three sandwiches into his mouth. My eyes flew down on my sandwiches and it reminded me of my alien boss, eating with elegance even it was just a sandwich.

I pondered if he already has eaten his dinner without me, though he had Jin beside him, I hope he won't skip his meals because he's working his ass off.

"Bad news, your husband was captured and was almost beaten to death," Dad suddenly announced when he went back.

"And good news, he hasn't confessed where you are right now," Dad added, grinning mysteriously.

I frowned. "Nasa delikadong sitwasyon ba ngayon si Boss?" I asked, dividing a sandwich into two.

Dad laughed softly as he went back to eating. "He will not die easy. What a good son-in-law," Dad uttered and sounding like it wasn't big deal.

My heart feels like being squeezed tight as it thumped faster. "He will not die easily?" I repeated as my hand slightly trembled.

Kahit alam kong malakas si Boss pero alam ko rin na nasasaktan din siya.

"He's a foolish one, going against his own father for love. How romantic," Dad said as he laughed slightly.

I only stared at them in confusion. Though I am not that smart to apprehend our real situation, but maybe, at least if we could help Boss—if we could help him. Maybe, he'll be able to climb up on the top of the trees to enjoy, or someday, he'll be able to tell me his wounds hurt, right?

My father and brother got shocked as they looked at me. "Sister, why are you crying?" Brother asked as he immediately went to my side.

I was also shocked when I noticed that I'm already crying. "Naawa ako kay Boss," I told them, crying hard without even holding back.

"Si Boss kahit suplado lang siya, lagi niya akong tinutulangan kung mayroong problema ako," I said, trying to recall his sacrifices and efforts.

"Kahit hindi ko siya maintindihan, kahit mahirap siyang intindihin kasi ang bilis niya mag-english, gusto ko siyang tulangan," I cried out.

I coughed when I choked from my own saliva. "Ayokong sugatan naman siya. Mahirap kasi alisin 'yung mantsa ng dugo," I whimpered.

Dad bobbed his head as he placed his elbow on the top of the table and rested his chin on his hand. "You want to save him?" he asked.

I nodded my head automatically. "You want him?" Dad asked once more.

"Gusto ko siyang maging ligtas," I answered.

Dad lifted his forefinger. "Do you want him to stay in your side?" he asked again.

"He asked me to stay beside him, kaya oo?" I replied and pausing from crying to use my gorgeous mind for a minute.

The two men in this house laughed with a sinister smile. "Is that request, sister?" Brother question.

I frowned as I nodded my head. Paulit-ulit?

"It's been a while the last time I showered a blood," Brother mumbled.

"Anong sabi mo, Kuya?" I queried even though I heard it but I think I misheard it.

My brother patted my head. "Sleep well tonight, sister. Tomorrow when you wake up, your request will be fulfilled magnificently," he said as they laughed once more.

Okay?

To be continued...