Chapter 48

KRIS

My father called me the next day to discuss the matter regarding the woman they want me to marry. Bullshit!

I sat down across him on the couch of his office. "Mr. Maniego, father, what could be our topic today?" I jested, crossing my legs and grinning widely. "No tea or coffee? How unpleasant," I commented, observing his actions.

He pretended that his attention was locked on the book hiss flipping, but he can't hide the grin on the tip of his lips.

"You're taking things so far, you must be ecstatic to get hit," he threatened, sounding firm and highly.

I snorted as I raised a brow. This useless kind of father acts like a righteous man. I wondered if he considers himself righteous then I could be a saint? I laughed softly.

"Your hands are shaking. It is obvious that you're thrilled that you can abuse me—again, father," I stated and started to undress.

He laughed slowly. "That's my good son, undress fast and kneel before me."

My brow slightly twitched hearing him act so highly. Soon you'll regret ten-folds raising me like this.

I kneeled in front of him while staring at the floor. As always, it's unpleasant but it doesn't hurt me anymore.

It always had been like this. I'm used to it. "Should I also lick your boots, father?" I queried as I coldly stare at his boots.

He suddenly kicked me on my head when the door of his office opened.

"Oh, my son, you're at it again?" My loving mother interrupted. "Hon, you can't leave him be like this. You can't forgive him because he licked your foot," she mentioned and trying to imply that I should get punished harder.

"I brought two whips with me," she suggested that my eyes flew in her direction.

She gave me her usual motherly smile—a plastic smile. She was waving her hand that held the whips as she covers her mouth, laughing with her ladylike demeanor.

I smiled secretly as I glanced down on the floor. Everything will be fine for me as long Ivan won't leave my side or to go with her best friend.

That's the most thing I couldn't afford to experience, not again. Being in this situation was nothing compared to seeing her get hurt and suffering alone.

I remained looking down, busying myself counting how many hits I got and times the whip landed hard on the back of my neck.

It's fine, I'll be fine after this. As long as I see her.

Jin helped to go back to the rest house in secret. I just bit my tongue and forced myself to enter her room without showing any pain.

"Boss, okay ka lang?" she asked suddenly and momentarily taken me aback.

I frowned as I glared at her. "Yeah, why ask, Moron?" I hissed, walking towards my closet.

"U-uh, kasi 'yung fiancé mo, 'yung engagement?" she stammered, looking troubled when I glanced at her. "Okay ka lang, talaga?"

I'm fine. I wanted to say it but I couldn't lie at that moment. Tears filled my eyes, I immediately turn my back on her and wiped it.

"Hmm," I replied. "Let's sleep together—tonight," I suggested more like begging for it.

"Yes, Boss," she beamed, making me glance back at her. I saw her stupid expression, saluting stupidly.

I chuckled softly as I stared at her. "Now, get out," I growled and threw my shoe in her direction.

She tittered playfully as she ran out of my closet, but she suddenly barged in with a stupid wide smile. "You look hurt. Gusto mo gamutin kita?" she beamed, holding a kit.

My eyes flew back to her face. "Cege na," she insisted, raising the kit higher.

I shook my head as I undress my shirt. I sighed when I noticed there was a lot of blood spilled on my shirt. I thought Jin covered it for me, that useless dog deliberately did nothing so I could open up.

I kept my mouth shut as I sat on the floor and let her do what she wants on my wounds. She was babbling nonsense, it was so funny that I was laughing with her.

I leaned back lightly that she immediately caught my body and she ended up lying on the floor as I was lying on top of her.

"Boss, ang big mo," she complained, pushing me slightly.

"Ouch," I faked so she'll let me stay in the meantime. "Hug me, Moron," I demanded, staring at the ceiling.

She giggled. "Copy, Boss," she complied and wrapped her short arms around my neck.

"Are you trying to strangle my neck?" I jested, holding her hand.

"Hindi, nuh!" she exclaimed.

"Moron, be my wife no matter what happens. Even if it has to be a secret," I whispered.

She laughed softly as she hugged my neck tighter. This moron!

"Increase ko lang pala, Boss," she joked.

I want to run away with you. I'm so fed up with everything. I wanted to tell you everything but I can't put your life at stake.

"Moron."

To be continued...