Chapter 51

KRIS

By the time I went back to the cottage to check if how the others doing so far. I wondered why there was heavy air surrounding them.

I cleared my throat, pondering what's gotten to Deth. Her hostility aura was oozing to the point everyone was in great discomfort in front of the food.

Suddenly, the moron's so-called best friend let out a sigh before he voluntarily exited. However, he paused before he passed. "Let's discuss your purpose," he muttered, deliberately, bumping his shoulder to mine.

I tugged at my earlobe. "I haven't eaten yet," I replied as I followed him towards the back of an empty cottage.

He laughed at my response. "It surprising that a demon like you could consume human's food," he remarked in ridicule.

Minding his words might only trigger my fuckin gun to shoot his mouth. "Stop acting highly, Young Master Nathan," I drawled as stuck a finger on my nose.

"I invited you not because I want to beg you some shits," I started and twisted the wedding ring on my finger. "You're already well-aware that we're married, right?" I queried as I took a glance in his direction.

He let out a harsh breath. "So, what are you trying to say?" he asked as he rubbed his chin. "You invited me to witness your shitty treatment to your wife, so I'll back off?" he said that made me puff.

I cackled softly as I strode near to his direction. "Fucking stupid one," I commented, looking at him with great disappointment.

My shoulders slumped as I patted his back. "I'm allowing you to get near to my wife. I'm allowing you to interjected in my business as long you hold her dear to you," I growled, gripping his shoulder hard.

He smirked. "You mean to aid you for her safety?" he questioned, wearing a psychotic surprised expression. This fucking psycho-prince.

He pulled away immediately from me as his expression went back to his usual mask. "Why, great Ash?" he burst out with a burst of loud laughter. "Can't keep her safe?" he quipped, giving me a mocking face of his.

"Pipe down a little, that moron is hiding somewhere near us to eavesdrops," I muttered, pressing a finger on his mouth.

I sighed as I pressed the bridge of my nose. "If two minds are better than one if joining our forces to protect someone could be way more assuring than one. Am I right?" I asked in a whisper.

He grunted and clicked his tongue. "Aren't you too cruel to use my feeling for your own wife?" he grumbled.

"Your feelings for her are my assurance," I explained and stepped back a little when I noticed a small head, popping like an idiot behind a wall.

"That idiot sure is enjoying perceiving our situation in a creative way," I mumbled and glanced back at this fresh potato prince.

"Who's an idiot?" he asked with a deadly glare.

I scratched my head shortly because of them. "Your best friend, whom you harbor a feeling, thought that we're a pair of a gay couple," I said as I took a glimpse of that moron's direction.

"That secretly meeting behind an empty cottage," I added.

He grimaced as he processed my words. "So, she's not aware of your feelings that you harbor towards her?" he queried seriously.

I shrugged off my shoulders. "She will someday. Our dispositions won't allow us to be a happy couple right now. At least, I was able to keep my promise I made for her," I admitted as stepped away.

Cringing like an idiot, he faked a shudder as he stared at me. "The great demonic Ash is foolishly in love than me. Geez, so we're allies for now then?" he said.

I bobbed my head slowly. "Yeah, and was my enemy yesterday."

"Ay, potangina!"

We both turned around to check what happened to that moron.

"Okay, lang ako. Continue niyo lang 'yan. Pacensiya na ha, hindi ko sinasadyang madisturbo ang pagmamahalan niyo. Ba-bye!" she explained in hurry and ran off immediately.

I put on my sunglasses as I fixed my shirt. "I'll go first to catch that moron," I said. "She might spread complicated rumors that might also ruin our pride," I continued and immediately ran after her.

"Boss, Sorry! Hindi ko sinasadyang masira ang ang ladian niyong dalawa!" she screamed when she saw me running after her.

I laughed softly as I chase her. "Ran faster, Moron. If you don't want me to massage you hard," I jested as I tried to keep my pace slower.

"Sorry, Boss!"

"Moron."

To be continued...