Chapter 39- The End of the World?

Start from the beginning

“We have recent reports that Japan has just been hit by an earthquake also with the same magnitude but with a different source. They are also now on high alert for a tsunami and for more radiation leaks from their nuclear plants.”

Once again, the evil God threw back his head and laughed. Then, he crouched down and placed his palm on the ground and I felt his power radiate from him. Truly, over the span of three days, his powers have come back fully and he was now using it to wreak havoc across the globe.

I knew his plan. He was luring the Olympians out by endangering the mortals. And he was also scaring the mortals so that when he reveals himself, they would worship him and be his slaves.

And for what seemed to be the thousandth time in my life, I felt helpless. If only my power had something that can stop Cronus, I could have done something already. But I can’t for my power was only over souls; over death.

And chained like this, there was nothing I could do.

“Thanatos.”

“Yes?”

“Can’t you do something? The one that you did to Achilles where he almost died? Can’t that work on Cronus?”

His eyes became blank again before he looked away. “I have tried that already, Aurea. But it seems as if he has bound my powers. There’s nothing I can do. I can’t even get these chains off us and it is just a very simple magic!” he sighed with frustration.

I wrapped my hand around his and squeezed. “Don’t worry. We’ll find a way.” I smiled.

“Aurea.” Cronus called out.

Immediately, Thanatos and I turned towards him. Thanatos was scowling for Cronus smile wide and he appeared as though he just thought of something great.

“I think I might have a use for that power after all.” He said in an amused tone.

Cronus inclined his head and Aidon walked towards him. Then, he snapped his fingers and it was as though the chains binding me suddenly came to life. It constricted around my chest and forced me to stand up. Then, Cronus was like a big magnet and the chains went to him.

“Let her go!” Thanatos shouted. I saw him struggle to stand against his bindings but it was no use.

Aidon took my left hand and then Cronus took my right.

“I know this will work. Your powers will amplify mine and I will finally reach those Olympians who are cowering behind Olympus.” He said with a sneer.

“They aren’t cowering. They are planning how to defeat you.” I spat.

“Then all their planning is useless for they cannot defeat me. And now, it’s time to send them a message that I am coming for them.” He said in a joyful tone and then squeezed tightly on my hand.

“I’ve shaken the earth and the sea. Now, it’s time to shake the skies.”

The Throne Room
Zeus’ Palace
Mount Olympus

-Thanatos-

For the first time in a long time, all the Gods were in their full armor and everyone was agitated. Zeus, Poseidon and Hades stood on one side of the room as they continuously planned and argued on how to approach Cronus’ island.