32

Her lips began to move against mine and soon we were in another world that only the two of us knew about.

We were brought back into reality when we heard the bathroom door swing open and a gasp quickly following it.

Rose POV:

Giselle's lips left mine but her head stayed in place. Her eyes were wide in fear, they peered into my own asking for a silent plea of help. Her body was stiff and frozen in front of mine.

I swallowed the lump that had built in my throat and tried finding the courage to turn around to face the intruder head on. Giselle wasn't going to be much help in this situation since she was more of a statue right now than an actual living, breathing human being.

"Oh my God," the voice of the mysterious person who had opened the door said in a shrill voice.

I gave Giselle a reassuring smile, trying to tell her that everything will be alright. My attempt didn't seem to work. Her breathing was picking up and her hands slightly shook. I wasn't sure whether to comfort Giselle or turn around and face whoever had entered the bathroom. My heart wanted to attend to Giselle, but my mind was telling me it was best to address the situation at hand.

"Girls! This is unbelievable," the high pitched voice remarked.

"It's okay," I whispered to Giselle. Her watery eyes were now locked on the person behind me. Smiling once more at Giselle I turned around and came face to face with the intruder.

A middle aged woman stood with a disgusted look plastered on her face. Both of her wrinkly pale hands covered her mouth. Her light gray eyes were wide in shock at her discovery. I had seen her around at many school events but have never talked to her before other than a simple greeting in the hallways. Giselle told me about her before, she said she had her as an English teacher her freshman year. If I recall correctly the teacher's name was Ms. Baker. According to Giselle, Ms. Baker was an old, crazy religious nut who disliked just about anyone.

"Giselle... What is going on here?" The woman asked.

My poor baby, it must have been awful having her as teacher. I noticed that Giselle's chest was rising up and down so fast that it almost looked like it was bouncing. Her hands that were at her sides began to slightly shake.

Giselle didn't respond, it seemed as if she physically couldn't. She opened her mouth but no sound came out.

"Principal's office, now!" The grouchy old women yelled.

Giselle was still frozen in the same spot so I grabbed her hand, whispered to her to 'breathe,' and lead her out of the girls bathroom to the direction of the principals office. I could hear the woman's click of her heels following behind us.

"Giselle, it's going to be okay, okay?" I whispered to her, "you just have to breathe, baby. In and out."

She broke out of whatever haze she was in and peered at me. She said nothing but nodded her head. Her breathing had slowed a little now that the woman was no longer glaring down on us. I squeezed Giselle's hand in my own. I felt her give a light squeeze in return.

I opened the office door for Giselle and let it close behind us once we were both inside.

"It's going to be alright," I whispered in a reassuring tone. She looked like a frightened puppy.

A few seconds later the door opened again and in came the old hag who had caught us.

"How may I help you?" Asked the receptionist who was giving us a funny look.

"We need to see the principal right away," Ms. Baker said.

The receptionist nodded and told her that the principal was in his office and we were free to walk in.