12

Song "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. Homecoming dresses above.

Rose POV:

Giselle had bugged me after school trying to find out what was wrong with me. She didn't believe me when I told her that I was fine. The next day she stopped asking me, but she would give me quizzical looks as if she could read what was on my mind.

It's now the day of Homecoming. I will have to dance with Matt and ignore his flirting and try to dodge any kisses that he was most likely planning to give me. His sloppy, hard, boring kisses did not compare to Giselle's sweet, soft, and passionate kisses.

I was not excited for the dance, I was more excited for after the dance when I get to spend time with Ellie.

I wanted to get ready with her today, but my mom wanted to help me prepare for the dance. At first I was opposed, but the more I thought about it, I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing. My mom and I would bond and I would be in suspense waiting to see Giselle all dressed up. I couldn't wait. I imagine it to be like one of those cliche movie moments where the guy is out on the dance floor then suddenly his date walks down a long set of stairs while there's a spotlight on her and she catches everybody's attention. The only difference is that there will be no guy, and instead two girls. Also, our school doesn't have a long set of stairs for her to walk down, too many people would trip on them.

Before the dance is the football game. Since I'm Matt's date I have to go support him. It's traditional for the girl to go to the homecoming game and wear her date's travel jersey.

The games last forever, they're outside so it's cold, and I could give less of a shit about football. The dance is two hours after the game and will probably last like three hours, but I'm definitely not going to be there for the whole time. I had plans with the sweet and beautiful Giselle Fenty.

I don't know if Giselle is going to the game, I forgot to ask her. There was too much on my mind to think about a football game. For example, I was always in a constant panic on when the right time to tell Giselle my secret. I doubt she'll be mad about me being a princess of France, who would be mad about that, but to find out that I kept a huge part of my life a secret, she'll be mad. Imagine it, someone you've known for a long time, who cares about you a lot, and thinks they know everything about you, suddenly finds out that you have not told them the truth the entire time.

At first I didn't tell her because I was told not tell anyone, but later on I didn't care what the consequences would be if I told someone.

I could have told her many times. At first I feared that she might treat me differently because I'm royalty. I realized that was a dumb thought, Giselle would not see me any different. Then I thought, she might treat me differently when she finds out that I've kept it a secret for years. It could have an impact on our friendship. Not just emotionally, but I also will become very busy with learning about France's government and attending different meetings in different countries. The biggest impact is that I would have to move to France permanently. Leaving Giselle was the last thing I ever want to do.

The football game began in half an hour, so I decided that it would be best if I go over there now. I put on Matt's black jersey that had the number 29 on the back. I would much rather be wearing one of Giselle's sweatshirts that had her number on it.

After today I won't have to worry about Matt. I was not going to involve myself with any romantic matters regarding him. I could focus all my attention onto Giselle. My feelings for her grow stronger and stronger everyday. I want her to be mine and I'll do whatever it takes for her to be my girlfriend.

It was cold outside and starting to get dark. I was with Kai who was cheering on Todd. Our team was behind by 6 points and had 2 minutes left in the game. The crowd was cheering on our team and booing the Trojans whenever they did something right, and the referees whenever they made a call against us. I cheered along with Lester high's student body. I didn't understand anything that was happening. Our team had caught the ball that the other team threw and began to run but were tackled soon after. The team celebrated and the crowd screamed.