24

Song above is "Never Stop" by Safetysuit.

Giselle POV:

I woke up with Rose in my arms. Her hair was sprawled out and she had a little bit of drool coming from her mouth. She's such a princess, I thought to myself. The light from outside was peeking through my windows indicating that it was a new day.

Rose's body laid over my arm and I slowly tried to move it out from under her to not wake her. She stirred and reached out to grab me, but I pulled away. I was in dire need of the bathroom. She felt around with her hand feeling the empty space next to her so I put a pillow in my place and she instantly hugged it to her.

I would have loved to stay in bed with Rose but I had to use the bathroom. After I went, I smelt fresh coffee. It filled the air and I followed the scent. Before trailing the smell, I decided to put on a large T-shirt and a pair of shorts in case I walked into my mom. My mom stood in the kitchen making breakfast. I took a seat at the kitchen table and watched as she cracked eggs and put their yolk into a bowl.

"Morning, sweetie," she greeted as she turned away from the oven and looked at me.

"Morning," I replied.

"How did you sleep last night?"

"Good." My thoughts floated back to me and Rose last night.

"I'm glad," she tossed the egg shells into the garbage.

"What time did you get home last night?" I asked. Hopefully she wasn't there to hear me and Rose.

"I actually got in a few hours ago, it was a long night," she sighed.

"Why aren't you asleep now?"

"Have to go back to work for a little, turn in some paperwork."

"Oh," I nodded. She flipped the eggs that she had put in the pan.

"What happened to that nice boy that you brought over the other day? What was his name? Caleb?" she brought up.

"Caleb-no mama, his name is Chris."

"Chris, that's right. How is he?" She took the fried egg off the pan and put it onto a plate.

"Um... He's good. He's been helping me with my calculus," I grabbed a glass out of the cupboard and began to fill it up with water.

"That's all he's been doing?" She turned around to face me once more. She had a teasing smile. I understood what she was implying.

"Ugh. Yes, mom. We are just friends."

"Sure," she shrugged her shoulders and turned began cooking again.

Talking with my mom about my relationship with Chris made me want to tell her about my relationship with Rose. Since she's a social worker, she has to deal with a lot of people no matter their gender, race, sexuality, or if they have it, a disability. So the odds of her accepting me were in my favor.

"Mom, I have something I need to tell you," I stated. She turned to me and rose her eyebrow.

"What is it, honey? You're not pregnant are you?" Her eyes widen.

"No, no, no. Definitely not pregnant."

"Ok," she relaxed, "what is it?"

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it when I heard a thud coming from upstairs that was followed by a string of french curse words.

"What was that?" she asked.

"Rose," I sighed.

I was a little relieved for the distraction. Telling her now wasn't a great idea when Rose was still in the house. If my mom reacted badly (which is unlikely) I did not want Rose to be here. Also, if I do tell her and Rose comes downstairs with messed up hair, I'm sure my mom will put two and two together and find out that Rose and I had sex.