11

Song is "Skinny Love" cover by Birdy.

Rose POV:

Last night was wonderful. Giselle took me out to get strawberry ice cream, which is my favorite flavor, and then we went to her house and cuddle and watched movies till we fell asleep. I spent the night there and surprisingly my mom was fine with it. Normally, she doesn't like me having sleepovers on school nights, but I guess she was still in a good mood from when we went prom dress shopping.

I have been at Giselle's house so often that I had spare clothes, a toothbrush, and other necessities there. Yet, today, I choose to wear Giselle's clothes over my own. I took one of her sweatshirts that had her last name, Fenty, on the back and the number 4. It was a sweatshirt she got from a volleyball tournament. I also took a pair of her sweat pants. Giselle always tells me that I smell so good, but she does too, like flowers, that's why I'm taking her clothes rather than my own.

I was exhausted; we had stayed up late. It was worth it though. My head was on Giselle's chest and I could hear her heartbeat, it was so soothing. Hearing her heartbeat made me realize how fragile life is and how I don't want to live without her in it.

Currently, my hair was up in a bun because I was too tired to do anything fancy with it. Giselle sported the same look. We were eating breakfast downstairs with Nico. He's such an amazing person. Giselle never had a father figure growing up and once she became a part of his family, he took on that role. He was so protective of her and always made sure to call her to check on how she was doing. I admired him so much for that.

Giselle had her hand rested on her chin as she ate her cereal at the kitchen table. Occasionally, her eyes would shut for a few seconds, then flutter back open and after a few seconds the process would repeat. Nico stood up and walked over to the coffee pot and poured out a cup. He sat back down at the table and slid the cup over to her. Her eyes were once again closed and she jumped a little when the cup touched her arm.

Her forehead wrinkled in confusion as she looked at the cup for a few seconds, then her mouth made an O shape.

"Thanks," she said. She lifted the cup up to her plump lips and took a drink.

I had finished my cereal a few minutes ago and now I was waiting for her so she could drive us to school. And also, I was waiting for us to be alone. Her mom had woken us up this morning and ever since then we haven't been alone. My lips craved hers so badly.

She caught me staring at her and raised her eyebrow. I glanced down to her lips, then back up to her eyes, hoping she had seen what I did so she would get what I was hinting at. She continued to stare at me with a confused face. I had to be careful about what I did so Nico, who sat on the opposite side of the table of me and Ellie, wouldn't see.

I placed my hand on her knee. She jumped a little from the contact but then immediately relaxed. Nico gave her a look.

"I accidentally bit my tongue," she lied.

"While drinking coffee?" His tone was quizzical.

She shrugged her shoulders, "what can I say? I'm a woman of many talents."

I giggled and she looked back at me and winked.

"Yeah, whatever," Nico said, disinterested. He focused his attention onto his phone.

My hand was still on her knee so I slowly moved it back forth. Her grip on her coffee cup tightened.

"I-I think we should get  going now," she said, stuttering.

I decided to tease her a bit.

"Hm, are you sure, Ellie? I mean you haven't even finished your breakfast," I continued to move my hand on her thigh.