CHAPTER-12

Nandini searched for the ingredients in the kitchen required to make a cake. She found two to three items missing. So she decided to call Manik to bring it while coming.

She took out her phone to dial his number but then decided against it.
So she messaged him the ingredients.

Manik saw the message and smiled at her innocence.

Nandini prepared dishes which were Shanti's favorite.

He came back and gave the stuff to her . She baked the cake and hid it in the fridge in her room.
They both went to the terrace to start the decorations.

Manik started blowing the balloons and Nandini was doing the paper cuttings and then she lighted the candles.

Manik finished blowing the balloons.

They had successfully completed the decorations.

He turned to see if Nandini was done with her work when he saw that Nandini's dupatta had caught fire from one of the candles.

Manik rushed to her and immediately removed her dupatta from her head.

Nandini was shocked with Manik's act . She didn't realize that her dupatta had caught fire.

She kept her hands across her chest and turned her back towards Manik.

Manik realized what he has done and said- Nandini don't get me wrong. It's not what I intended to do. It's just that your dupatta had caught fire . I just wanted to save you.

Nandini didn't say anything.

Manik- Nandini listen I am sorry. I didn't do it purposely.

Manik handed her dupatta to her.

Nandini took it from him and wore it.

Nandini- It's OK.

Saying this she rushed down.

Manik felt guilty about his act.

He left the decorations as it is and went to his room.

Nandini went to her room and sat on a chair thinking about what had happened at the terrace.

She at first was angry on Manik but then she thought that Manik was not wrong. He just wanted to help her.

She sat there thinking about it for a long time . She looked at the clock and saw that just half an hour was left for 12 o' clock.

Nandini changed her clothes and went to terrace . She didn't want to spoil Bua's birthday surprise planned by Manik.

She searched for Manik at the terrace but didn't find him there.

She kept the food and cake on the table at the terrace and went down.
She at first hesitated to go to Manik's room but then finally knocked his door.

Manik opened the door after 3 knocks and saw Nandini there.

Manik- Nandini I am sorry for whatever.....

Nandini- Humne sab ready kar diya hai Cake and the food. 12 bajne me sirf 10 min baaki hai.

Manik was surprised that Nandini was not angry on him as he had expected.

Manik- Sorry again.

Nandini- Hume us baarevme aur baat nai karni hai.

Manik nodded and said- Mai upar jaata hu. Tum Buaji ko leke aajana.

Nandini- OK

She went to get Bua and Manik went to the terrace.

Done with another update.

Hope you guys like it.

Please vote and give looooonnnng comments.