CHAPTER-4

As soon as Vivek closed his eyes, everyone in the room panicked. They called the doctor immediately.

The doctor checked Vivek and remorsefully declared to everyone that Vivek is no more.

Nyonika rushed to Vivek and shook him and pleaded him to get up. She was crying .

Raj was so shocked on hearing the doctor that he fell on the sofa.

Shanti was also crying .

But Nandini didn't have a single tear drop in her eyes.
She was just staring at Vivek's face .
Suddenly she fainted.

Doctor asked the nurse to take Nandini to another room. He went and did Nandini's check up.

She was lying lifeless and staring at the ceiling. Her face had no feeling.

The doctor got worried seeing her condition deteriorating further.

He went to talk to her family members and found Vivek's brother at the reception desk completing the formalities of taking Vivek's body home.

The doctor went to him and said- Mr. Malhotra u must be Vivek's younger brother.

Vivek's brother- Yes doctor, I am Manik.

Doctor- O.K. I need to have a word with you. Please come to my cabin.

Manik followed him.

Manik- Doctor, what's the matter.

Doctor- Manik listen I know it's not the right time to talk about all this but it is something important.

I know for a fact that you people have lost Vivek but there is someone who has lost her whole world.

Nandini is not in a good condition. She has got the biggest shock of her life.

You all need to take care of her .
And most importantly to get out of the trauma she needs to cry or else her life will be in danger.

I hope you understand.

Manik- Yes Doctor . I will keep that thing in mind. Thank you Doctor. Saying this he left the cabin.

He saw Shanti standing outside the cabin.
She had heard everything.

Manik- Bua aap yaha.

Shanti- Wo Nandini. Wo theek to ho jayegi na.

Manik- Haan Bua don't worry. Sab theek hojayega.

They both went to Raj and Nyonika.

Both were sitting near Vivek's body and shedding tears.

Nyonika's was resting her head on Raj's shoulder.

Manik went to her and said- Mom Dad.

Nyonika immediately got up on hearing Manik's voice and hugged him and started sobbing .

Manik- Mom please stop crying.
You have to be strong. For Bhai.
He wouldn't like your tears.

When they were consoling each other, a wardboy came and said- Sir all the formalities have been done , u can take the body home.

Hearing this their heart pierced .

But they had to face the fact that Vivek was no more.

They all left the hospital and came home.

Prepations for the funeral were done.

Shanti brought Nandini home . She took Nandini near Vivek's body to see Vivek for the last time.

Nandini kept staring at Vivek's face till they took him away.

Last rites were performed and everyone returned home.

Done with another update.
I don't know what I have written as I have no idea how the last rites are performed so I kept it short.

Hope you guys like it.