Chapter 23

Finally, an update!

Isaak's Pov

"Back to work!"  Gus yells. I stand from my spot next to the truck and throw my trash into the trash bag. I get back to cut one of the large trees that fell during last nights storms. Even though I know I should be  paying attention I allow myself to think of Kory.

I wonder what she was doing. Her mom insisted she stayed behind and help her. Help with what I did not know. I haven't seen her since the kiss, sadly, but it was driving me crazy.   Her father was handing us jobs left and right, trying to get as much done as before school begins. Even though he would lose only three workers.

Not was school right around the corner, a huge horse sale would also be happening. Tomorrow John would be taking us out to the hers to gather the horses of his fathers choice for the sales.

An hour later we were finally heading back to the house. When the truck stopped we all hopped out and eagerly headed to our cabins to wash up for dinner. I decided to take the opportunity to call my mom. She picked up on third ring. I filled her in on everything. Well, I chose to keep the kiss out for now. Instead I tell about Kory and her progress with Grey.

Halfway through the call there was a knock at my door. Assuming it was Clayton getting kicked out again I stayed on the phone. However, when I opened the door I was shocked to see Kory. I motion her in. She walks past me and takes a seat at the table.

"Hey mom, I gotta go...I know...I love you, too...bye-bye." I hang up. "Hey," I greet her.

"Hey."

"Um, what's up?" I mentally slap myself.

"I haven't seen you."

"I'm sorry. Your dad has been keeping me real busy."

She sighs. "I know." She looks around my cabin. She only looks back at me when I place my chair near her and sit.

"Would you like to go for a ride together sometime?" She looks at me expressionless before she grins."Like a date?" She questions.

"If that's what you'd like to call it."

"Then yes."

Outside the dinner bell rings. "Ok. Great. We should get to dinner."

"Oh. Yeah. Right. You leave first. I'll follow behind." I look at her confused. "So, people don't get the wrong idea."

"Of course." I wink at her. "I'll see you at dinner." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek Then I turn and leave.

Kory's Pov

I blush instantly. Thankfully, he was no longer here to see it. As I wait I look around his cabin agian. It was spotless, surprisingly. Everything appeared to be organized.

  I make my way to the door and crack it slightly. I look both ways before deciding the coast was clear.

  No one was surprised that I was a little late. They probably assumes I was out somewhere not paying attention as  usual. I take a seat next to Clayton. "Hey."

"Hey yourself."

"Do you want to okay COD later?" I ask.

"Of course." He smiles at me.

After dinner I walk down to Grey's paddock. I smile instantly when I see her. She nickers when she's sees me which makes my smile grow wider. I lean against the fence as she walks to me.

"Here, girl." I feed her the apple I swiped from the kitchen. "Shh...don't tell anyone." I kiss her nose and ruffle her forelock before I leave. "Good night, Grey."

Dad sits i. The house kitchen as I walk in. I do not acknowledge him but he puts down the paper he was looking at.

"Kory would you mind telling me how both horses are doing?"

I sigh, then smile before I turn to face him. "They are doing fantastic. Banjo is such a dream. He learns so quickly. And Grey is coming along great. I am able to get on her now." I'm quite proud of myself. However, my smile falters when he just says, "good." I shrug it off and make my way to my room. I pull out my controllers and set up the play station for Clay and I.

It's not long before he shows up. Mom greets him as he walks down the hall to my room. He tiredly plops down into his bean bag. After he grabs his controller I hit start.

"Lets do this."

~*~*~*~

We played the majority of the night before we both decided it would be best to go to sleep. Clayton never even made it back to his cabin and decided to crash on the couch in Johns room.

When the sun is just barely over the horizon I wake up to my alarm. I groan as I drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I don't brush my hair and instead somehow manage to get it into a braid. I use the bathroom and brush my teeth then I'm out the door headed towards the barn.

I retrieve Banjo from his paddock and prepare him for a ride. As I mount him the stablehands begin to show up and begin their days work.

This morning I decided to stray away from the arena and hit the trails instead. The birds fill the silence with their chirping. And as I get farther from the house I begin to spot deer in the dew covered grass.

Suddenly I'm jerked to the side as Banjo spooks at a squirrel that ran under him. I steady him then reach down and give him a light pat on his neck. I forget sometimes that he is still a untrained baby.

When I get back from the trails I bathe Banjo in the wash stall. After I turn him out I head to the kitchen to grab my late breakfast.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An:  I'm sorry this took forever. I have no excuses. None. Other than I've been slacking. But now I'm gonna work harder and get theses chapters out faster.