Chapter 11- Movie Night

When we got back I was exhausted. The mare fought more than I expected, especially once we left the other horses behind. Although, once we got closer home she settled down a bit, and we were able to put her in the round pen.

I trudged back to my room and threw myself down on my bed. I roll over and grab a pair jeans off my floor. I go over to my dresser and pull out a pair of underwear and a bra, and head to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and strip down. The warm water helped me clear my mind.

I slowly wash my hair and body, not really wanting to get out. *knock knock*

"Kory! Hurry up! Dinner will be ready shortly."

Groan. I finish up and turn the water off. I dry off and redress. Throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper, I head down the hall to the dining hall. When I walk in everyone turns to stare at me.

"What?" I snap. They all turn their heads back and start eating again. I sigh. I sit down in between John and Clayton. I grab some potato salad and put it on my plate.

"So," Clayton drawls.

"So," I repeat.

He drops his voice. "I know you went and brought that horse back."

I reply in a regular voice. "It's no secret. I just had to have her you know. That instant connection." I stuff some potatoes in my mouth.

Clayton just shrugs. "You know your dad won't be happy? And the fact you took Isaak."

"He said I could bring him."

"Oh, did he now?" He gives me a skeptical look.

"Yes? Well, no. But he did tell me I had to take someone. He didn't say who." I mumble.

"Did my lil' sister just say she spent a whole night by herself with a guy she doesn't even know?" John speaks up.

"I know him," I defend.

"Well, I don't.. The one person that I don't know well, you go spend the night with him."

"John," I shriek. "Your making it sound like we did more than just sleep!"

"Guys!" Gus yells out. "We are all right here. Can we just eat dinner without you three arguing?"

I pointed my fork at Clayton. "He started it," I say childishly.

"No, you did. You're the one that took an unknown guy out to the middle of nowhere."

"I did not! I was still on our property."

"Guys!" Gus yells again.

I mumble a "sorry" and finish eating. I get up and leave and head back to my bedroom. I close the door and sit on my bed. Looking around, I spot my play station controller. I grab it and turn it on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Knock. Knock.

"Come in!"

Clayton's face appears around the door. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. Are you alright?"

I sigh. "Yeah, I'm okay, I think."

He sits on the edge of my bed. "You sure?"

No, I think. Instead I say, "yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay, well later we are having a movie night. Come out if you feel like it, okay?"

"Okay." He gets up and leaves. He closes the door behind him leaving me to think.

My mind has been reeling since I brought in the grey mare. It makes me miss Grey so much.
I sigh. I have a gut feeling that this horse is Grey, but I can't be sure. And it would just kill me if dad says I can't keep her.

I sigh again and get up. No use laying around by myself. I head out into the yard to see the projector set up against the side of the barn.

"Hey, Gus," I call out. "What movie?"

"Jurassic park."

"Awesome! When were you able to pick that up?" My mood was beginning to improve.

"I went into town the other night."

I nodded and headed to go sit down. John comes and sits down next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder. Clayton sits beside me and Isaak quietly sits on his other side.

Someone passes around popcorn to everyone and I munch on it throughout the whole movie. Gus surprised us with the next Jurassic Park and so I just had to stay up to watch that one, too. By the time they were both finished it was almost twelve in the morning.

John gets up. I go to follow but before I stand he bends down and scoops me up into his arms. I don't protest but instead, once again, rest my head on my brothers shoulder. I glance behind us and see Isaak drowsily stand and head to the barn.

John takes me to my room and gently places me on my bed. "Good night."

"G' night," I say. When he leaves he gently closes the door. I pull off my pants and burrow under my covers. It's not long before I'm sound alseep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake at dawn and run through my room finding clothes to where. I run the brush through my hair, and on my way out the door I grab an apple.

Since I woke up way before breakfast, I decided to make a quick visit to Grey. Oh jeez. I'm already calling her that. However, I make no move to correct my mind.

She is standing in the middle of the round pen when I approach. She lifts her head in my direction. I lift my hand and offer her the apple. She hesitantly walks closer, but not close enough to reach it. I laugh.

"Hey, girl, Grey, it's alright. It's just an apple. I promise." She snorts. "Here let me show you." I lift my hand and take a bit out of the apple. The crisp sound makes her ears perk forwards. "Here have it." I say a offer it to her once more.

This time she comes to me and takes the apple. When she clears my hand of it I hesitantly lift my hand and run my hand down her face, from her forelock to her muzzle. She sighs softly.

The breakfast bell rings, making her jerk her head up and prick her ears towards it. She is calm until someone close by shouts out "Kory! Are you coming?!"

She spooks and runs. She runs half laps, avoiding the side I'm on.

"I'll see you later, girl," I say. Then I walk to the dining hall with a grumbling stomach.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An: Hiiiiiii!!!!! I finally finished chapter 11. For awhile there I had writers block :(Which was not good. But all is better.

So, anyways, this is kinda a slow chapter. And I felt the need to put my favorite movie in it....with it's theme song. I hope you like this chapter anyways.

Now I'm going to stop rambling and talk to ya'll later.

Bye peeps.