Chapter 13- A normal day

The vet called us later in the week to tell us that all of the test she took on Grey were negative. So, Dad gave me permission to start working with her. As if i need permission to work with my horse.

I've been working with Grey on leading and getting her used to scary objects, like umbrellas. She's only had one bad freak out, and that was my fault. I accidentally hit her when I opened the umbrella.

Grey leans her head on me and I scratch her forehead. She is going to be really spoiled. I lean away and turn to walk out the gate. She follows and before I leave she bumps my shoulder asking for her treat. I laugh and give her the carrot i brought. I put her halter on it's hook and head to the barn.

I search through the barn looking for Clayton. I'm hoping he'll have some free time to go for a trail ride. This past week has been so busy that I haven't had time to hang out with him like usual.

"Looking for someone?"

I turn and see Isaak. "Um...yeah, have you seen Clayton?"

"Yeah, he went down to the back pasture to fix the fence."

"Oh, well, do you know when he will be back?"
Just as I say that the old blue pick up truck pulls into the driveway. "Never mind. Thanks for the help."

I wave and jog out to the truck. "Hey! Clay!" I shout when he gets out of the truck. "Wanna go for a ride?"

"Um...i would love, too, but let me ask your dad." He walks to the house where my dad will most likely be. A few minutes later he walks out through the doors and shakes his head yes.

"I have an hour and a half. So, let's go."

"Wanna race? I bet I'll beat you again."

He shakes his head. "You can't beat me."

"Prove it." I say and take off back towards the barn.

"Kory! You cheater!"

I laugh.

He catches up and when we reach the barn it's a tie. Or maybe I beat him.

"I beat you." I shout.

"You did not!"

"Did too." I stick my tongue out.

He grabs me by the waist and pulls me against him before he starts tickling me.

I giggle, "hahaha, s-stop, I-I-it was a tie." I try to push away but laughing so hard has made me weak.

"L-let g-o," I try to shout.

"Okay, okay." He stops.

I try to compose myself again. "We should seriously go get tacked up now."

"Yup, we should. I'll race you."

And we were off again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"This is relaxing." Clayton sighs.

"I know right. I have been so busy this week."

"Me too. Your dad really piles on the work. I'm surprised he gave me some free time today."

"To be honest, me too." I admit. My dad usually tells them to do their own things on their own time.

"Let's stop thinking about work and just enjoy this work free time."

"Okay, agreed."

The rest of the ride was spent talking. We took a few detours and we realized a little late that we had to go back. Dad was surprisingly alright with us being kinda late. I offered to untack Clayton's horse for him and that was what I was doing now.

I brush his horses coat until his coat gleams. And that's when he shows his face around me again.

"Do you need any help?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Of course you show up now."

He puts on a innocent face. "I had no idea you would be done by now."

"Dude, you were gone for a hour. But...you can let your own horse out." I shove the lead into his hand. "I don't think it will take up too much of your precious work free time."

"Hey, I'm suppose to be working. Are you sad you don't see me enough," he teases.

"No," I laugh, "go let your horse out."

"Okay, but I'll be back."

"Of course you will."

While he takes his horse out I walk to the back of the barn and sit on a bale of hay. I notice the stall that I spent so much time in. I get up and walk to it and look in. I haven't been here since we found her. I laugh to myself.

"What's so funny?" Clayton says and hugs me from behind, in a friend/sibling like way of course.

"Nothing really. Just how I thought I would never see Grey again, but here she is."

"Yeah, I'm still not too thrilled you took Isaak instead of me."

I try to twist in his arms to see his face. "You didn't want me to go. So, I went with someone who really didn't mind. Besides, Isaak is pretty cool."

"Whatever you say."

"No, seriously, you should get to know him. I think you two would get along great."

"Maybe."

I roll my eyes. "Now you need to go work. Dad doesn't pay you to do nothing."

"Oh alright." He pulls away and messes up my hair. "I'll see you later at dinner."

"Alright."

He walks away, leaving me alone again. "What to do?" I ask myself.

I wonder around, until I find someone else to bug. "Hey, John." I sit on the freezer by his truck. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing it up. It's been over heating lately and I think I know why."

"Oh, hhmm." I watch him as he takes the front of the car off. I don't offer to help him because I don't know what he is doing, and he doesn't ask for help because he knows I have no idea.

I watch him work for awhile, before he grabs a rag and starts wiping off his hands. I'm assuming he's fixed the problem, even though the bumper of the car is still on the ground.

He tosses the rag aside and offers me a hand to help me up from the chair where I was sitting. "I'm going to go get cleaned up for dinner."

"Alright, see you then." He walks off towards the house and I decide to go help make dinner.

I walk through the dining hall to the kitchen.

"Hey, mom. Can I make brownies?"

"Sure, sweetheart."

I walk to the pantry and take out two boxes of brownie mix. I grab all the ingredients, wash my hands, and make brownies for dinner.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An: I'm soo sorry for not updating sooner. I tried but I was having a hard time finding what I wanted to write...if that makes sense. And I've been visiting family and working with my horse.

And I feel like the last few chapters were boring.  So, sorry. :/

I have a few questions, as well:

1. Do you ship Kory and Clayton?

2. Or Kory and Isaak?

3. What do you think should/ will happen later in the story?

Please comment and vote. :)

See ya later, peeps.