Chapter 22

I sneak through the empty kitchen looking for the supplies to make cookies. Currently the only ingredient I found was butter, which now sits on the counter thawing. I make my way over to the cabinet that we usually store the mixer in and throw open it's door.

"Aha!" The baby blue mixer was sitting in it's usually spot, unlike the other ingredients I have been looking for. I pull out the heavy object and place it on the counter, as well. "Now to search elsewhere."

The light in the pantry flickered on, and in the back I was able to see a few baking supplies. I add sugar, of both kinds, flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips to the pile of supplies on the counter. In the fridge, I find the eggs and the vanilla was in the cabinet with the salt. Finally, I had all the ingredients.

I pull out the cookbook and turn it to the page for chocolate chip cookies. Following the instructions I was able to get it all ready roughly in 30 minutes. Using a spoon I shaped the cookie dough into balls and placed them onto the cookie sheet. They were ready to be put in the oven.

While I waited for them to bake I couldn't help but eat cookie dough from the bowl as I cleaned up my mess. I hummed and danced around the whole while. When I turned around I nearly screamed. Isaak stood there laughing at me.

"Seriously?" I say, glaring. "Couldn't give me a heads up?"

"Nope." He walks over to my cookie dough. "What are making?"

I cross my arms over my chest. "Chocolate chip cookies."

"My favorite." He then proceeds to stick his finger into my cookie dough. No one ever dares to still my cookie dough. I snatch it from him.

"Mine."

"Mine? What are we? Three? You can share a little."

"I can't." He marches over to me, apparently expecting more, but that wasn't going to happen. Darting to the side I run to the other side of the island clutching the bowl to my chest. He tries to follow but I manage to keep the island between us. We keep this up for awhile, grinning and laughing our heads off, only taking breaks to put more cookie dough into the oven. The bowl sits between us now and we continue to chase one another around the island. He darts one way and I accidentally dart the same way into his chest. He instantly wraps his arms around me. A blush quickly covers my face.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" He asks, randomly, in a soft voice. My cheeks heat up even more, if that was possible. I shake my head not knowing what else to say. He gives me a huge smile and a blink of a eye his lips meet mine. I stand there in shock, not really believing what's happening. Slowly, I begin to kiss him back, then the timer goes off.

We spring apart and I know my face must be as red as his, if not more so. I turn my back and let my hair cover my face as I take the last batch of cookies out of the oven. My heart is hammering in my chest and I wouldn't be surprised if he could hear it.

We sit in complete silence unsure of what to do next. "I should...go," he says arkwardly. Isaak points towards the door. He stands and goes to leave. Hurriedly I stand up, too.

"Wait!" I grab his sleeve. Without thinking I stand on my tippy toes, cup his face and kiss his cheek. He smiles and I look down.

He gives a little laugh. "You don't know how long I've wanted to kiss you. I'll see you later, Kory." Then he leaves. I stand there watching him leave unsure of what just happened. He must sense me watching because he turns around halfway back to the barn and gives a small wave. I quickly duck back into the kitchen.

There was a huge mess from the cookies we made. The spatula was left in the counter and the cookie dough that was still on it left a mess behind. Ingredients were still scattered everywhere and I dampen a wash cloth before beginning to clean up the mess. It didn't take me too long before the kitchen was mess free. I even cleaned all the dirty dishes.

Searching through the cabinets once more I managed to find a container to put all the cookies in. After the cookies were put away I made my way to the barn to clear my head.

Banjo was waiting by the gate when I came to get him. As I brushed him he threw his head up and down eager to start working. Once tacked up I led him down to the arena. Before I mounted him and set up a few trot poles to practice with.

We started out with walking a couple circles to help loosen him up. I also walked him over the poles for him to get an idea of what was to come. He over-stepped all the poles, making sure he didn't touch a single one. I laughed and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

He performed better than I expected for the first time using ground poles. He didn't hit a single pole. Banjo will be one heck of a horse. After I cooked him off and untacked I turned him. Then I went straight to Grey's paddock.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So Isaak and Kory. What do you guys think about that kiss?

I don't even have a excuse as to why this took so long other than artist block. I delayed and rewrote this chapter so many times it's not even funny. If any of you lovely people have any suggestions on what should happen next feel free to tell me. I just might use your idea.

Thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.