Chapter 39

Basically this chapter is a brief description of my New Years. They're lit AF. But I hoped you liked it❤️

31st December 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Jason

"Papa! Papa!" I heard as I set the table down. I looked up to see Jake motioning me over to him while he was jumping on the trampoline.

"Yes, baby?" I asked walking over to him. It's currently the last day of the year and we have planned a new year party at home.

"Watch what Ki taught me," He grinned. I nodded for him to continue. He started jumping again before doing a back-flip, rather too close to the edge for liking.

My eyes widened and I started clapping

"Wow! Baby great job," I praised, smiling at him. He grinned. "I know right!"

"Don't jump too close to the edge to do it, Daddy and I wouldn't want you hurt," I warned. He stopped smiling and mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?' I asked. He looked at me and shook his head. "Nothing Papa," He said before walking off the trampoline.

And like suddenly his happy state was gone. I followed him as he went to kick a footy. "What's wrong bub?" I asked concerned. His whole demeanor changed and slumped. "Nothing Papa," He said giving me a short answer.

Now if you don't know, if you ask Jake a question, he'll answer with so much detail. He can hold a long conversation. Trust me. He could go forever. So if he answers shortly, something must be wrong. Also his mood is gloomy.

"Jakey, what's up? You seem down all of a sudden," I said as he kicked the ball over to me. "Nothing, I'm fine, Papa," He answered. Just as I was about to kick it back, he turned around and walked towards the backdoor. I frowned, what's wrong with one of my babies?

I decided to finish setting up the tables for later and not push. I'll talk about it later with Justin.

"What's wrong with Jake?" Alex asked he moved one of the tables. "I don't know," I sighed, walking over to help him lift it.

"Hmm, I've noticed, he's been lately recently the past two days," He commented. I nodded agreeing as I thought about it.

"Alright, last one," He said walking back to the last table.

Once we were done, we set up the decoration on the tables and around the yard.

-------------------------------

"There's my chicken," I smiled as I walked into Judah's nursery. Justin was currently feeding him his bottle.

"Yeah, he was quite hungry," Justin said rubbing our baby's back soothingly. I looked at my watch to see people will be arriving soon. I decided to help and set out a pair of clothes for Judah.