Chapter 20

7th April, 2024 - Sydney, Australia

Justin

"And that's how you make Sunday Roast," Alex finished closing the the oven door, setting the timer on. "Alright, that wasn't hard," I said taking note of the steps. He had just explained well showed me how to make Sunday Roast, for future references. Alex chuckled wiping his hands on a dish cloth.

I was sitting at the island, eating a bowl of Kate's famous, fruit salad while Alex did a food demonstration. I legitimately fell in love with the stuff when I took the first bite. That's how good it is.

My phone dinged notifying me I got a message. I picked it up and smiled. Jason had sent an 'I love you'. With like thousand hearts. I sent one back with equal amount of hearts. Jason was currently at the park with the twins as he promised them, he'd take them. Kate was there too with Liam.

"Hey! That's mine," I screamed, looking up at Alex as he snatched a piece of fruit from my bowl. I looked at him as if he's just taken my life. "Do you want it back?" He asked, opening his mouth so I could see the piece of chewed strawberry. "Ew Alex!" I said in disgust, closing me eyes. He just laughed.

"You just wait," I said. "Wait for what?" He asked, now serving himself a bowl. "For when, I'm very, very pregnant and you take my food," I said hoping he'll get my tiny threat. He chuckled sitting on the stool across me. "Oh don't worry mate, I've already had experience. Don't worry about your food getting taken," He said. Now it was my turn to laugh. Kate must of gave him hell. "It was that bad?" I asked, eating the last piece of fruit in the bowl. He hummed.

"Hey, look at this," Alex said sliding his iPhone to me. I glanced at the screen and smiled at what was shown. It was picture of Jason pushing the twins on the swing, standing in between them. All smiles on their faces.

"Aww, send that to me," I said. At that moment my phone chimed again. I looked down to see the same attachment sent to Alex. "Don't worry, I got it," I said, unlocking my iPhone. He chuckled and continued to eat his fruit.

"Hey, I've gotta go over and get some clothing for Jade. Do you wanna come?" I asked after I washed my bowl out. "Alright, only because it's next door and it's for my favourite niece," He said. "Lazy much? And she's your only niece," I scoffed. "Yeah, which is why she's my favourite, duh," He replied. I shook my head.

"Aw Jade has the cutest room!" Alex commented looking around. I laughed. "You sounded gay just then," I said collecting Jade's school uniform for tomorrow. "Yeah well, you and Jason are too much sometimes and it rubs off on me," He said looking at the pink photo frames scattered on the walls. "Whatever," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"She's like a mini Jason," Alex said stopping at one frame. It was a professional picture of Jade two years ago, so when she was 3. It was black and white but her eyes were blue. Leaving it to be the only colour on the photo, making her eyes stand out. "You know, Jason has a similar picture of Jake like his," He said.

I smiled. Jason did it too. We had made plans of things like this that we're gonna do. This was one of them.

"Damn, Pattie has the greatest sense in style and decoration," Alex said behind me. I had just given him a short tour of the house. "I'll be sure to tell her," I said, locking the door.

"I'll be back," I said before climbing the stairs to place Jade's clothes in her room. Yes, her room. We have basically moved in.

Making my way downstairs, I see Alex pulling out the pork roast. I could hear the sizzling of the meat and the smell the herbs filling the kitchen. "Ooh, yum!" I said licking my lips.

"Boo!" I heard someone say and hands touch me. I let out a girl screamed and turned around. My eyes wide from the shock. "Shit Jason! Don't do that," I said smacking his chest. He was cracking up laughing in front of me. "Man, you should of seen your face," He said through his laughs. I pouted.

"Aww, I'm sorry baby," He said wrapping his arms around me. "No, you're not," I said sassily. "Ooh, sassy," Jason said clicking his fingers. "Please don't," I said.

"Hi, my love," He said, squeezing me tight in his embrace and kissing my forehead. "Hi," I said, staring straight into his loving blue eyes, that I adored oh so much, our nose touching. I leaned forward to press a kiss to his sweet lips, no tongue needed. Just a simple yet passionate kiss. Jason smiled into the kiss, still looking at me with his eyes.

"How was the park?" I asked as we pulled away. "Hmm, it was good, we had fun, didn't we babies," He said looking at the twins who were both making silly faces at Liam. "Yeah! It was so much fun, daddy!" They both replied. "You should of came," Kate said, taking a sip of her drink. "Yeah, these people thought we were together," Jason laughed. Upon hearing that, I could help but chuckle a bit too. "They haven't been watching the news lately," I said leaning on Jason's side. We all laughed at that.

"Alright, let's eat," Alex said clapping his hands. "Babies, come over here, you need to wash your hands before you eat," Jason said calling over the twins. They walked over with grins on their faces. "What's with the cheeky grins, you two?" I asked tickling them. They giggled. "Nothing!"

Jason helped both twin up to wash their hands and then sent them down.

"Dig in," Alex said after we said grace. Almost immediately we all started eating. Though Alex was helping Liam with his baby food.

In the middle of our dinner, I looked around to see a family big family. Then noticed everyone was smiling. "Justin?" Jason said from beside me. I looked at him and nodded for him to continue what he was gonna say.

"Well we were discussing and we thought that, well we think you and Jade should move in," He said. "What?" I asked. "Yeah! Exactly what I said. I mean, we have enough room and you basically live here now, you can be here all the time now. You can sell your house next door. We can be all under the same roof. We can build a music room for you here." He continued. "Oh wow," I said, looking down around. Everyone were all staring at me.

"Oh and another reason, just came to my head. What if, you went into labour over there and I was here and I couldn't hear you? Not that you would because I'd be with you by your side like everywhere you are or go?" He asked pausing then started again. "And our little peanut won't have to be put in two different cribs each time and be away from the other parent," He added.

"So what do you say?" He asked smiling. Aswell as the others sitting around the table. They must have all known expect me.

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

1245 words! -not edited-

Say yes!🙏🏽

💋S.