Who's That Boy?

Miranda's pov

I was searching through my old books trying to decide what to give away at the yard sale when I came across a William Faulkner book. I smile and slap a price tag on it as a new song changes. I smile hearing my favorite singer Jason Aldean come on with she's country. I walk back out, book in hand when something flutters out. Huh? I bend down and pick it up. A picture. Of me as a baby and a boy I've never met before. I'll ask mom later.

*later*

After the yard sale, I drive to my mom and dad's farmhouse a few miles down the road. I show them the picture and ask about it and mom's eyes go wide. "Dear God!" She gasps, confusing me. "Where'd you get this?" Dad gapes. "I found it. In an old book at my house!" I gasp super confused by their reactions. "Who's the boy in the picture?" My mom hugs me. "We knew this day would come? Sit down." I sit down on the couch. I don't think I've ever been more weirded out in all of my thirty two years! "Miranda he's your brother." My eyes go wide and I laugh. I'm an only child. They must be pulling my leg. "What are you talking about?" Mom sighs. "Sweetheart you're adopted and that's your brother. The only time he ever saw you was when you were first born and your parents took a picture. I don't know how it ended up with us." My jaw drops. I'm adopted. I shakily stand up. "I'm adopted?!'' I screech, my voice high and shrill. My parents nod and hug me. "W-Why did my parents give me up? And not him?" They shrug unsure. I snatch the photo back and walk out the door. "Where are you going?!" Mom cries, running out after me. I look at the picture of the small dark haired boy. "I'm gonna find my brother."

*later*

It's only the backside of him so I don't have a face. Who could it be? And how do I go about finding him? My mom calls. "I remember your birth mother saying his name was Jason. I don't remember the last name. Williams I think." My heart skips a beat thinking about Jason Aldean who's last name was Williams before he became famous! Could I be related to my favorite singer?! "Ok thanks mom. I gotta go!" That has to be it!

*several months later*

Jason's pov

I had just finished singing the truth at a concert when a girl shoved passed security and stepped onstage. Oh jeez. A crazed fan! "Hey ma'am, security is gonna throw you out if ya don't get off the stage." I say slightly annoyed at the interruption. "I need to talk to you about something important." She says. What the hell? "I'm in the middle of a show here!" "I can see that. Just please I didn't know anyway else to contact you. Please after the show come find me." She hands me a slip of paper then gets offstage. That was weird. I look at the piece of paper and it's a phone number and name. I sigh and pocket it. "Sorry about that folks. Now where were we?" I nod to the band and we play hicktown.

*after the show*

Miranda's pov

I can't believe I got onstage like that in the middle of his show! I pace worriedly back and forth, hoping and praying he'll call me! My phone rings making me jump. An unknown number! Could it be?! Is this Jason's number!? I quickly answer it. "Who are you and why did you interrupt my show like that?" He instantly asks sounding pissed. "Jason, I'm so sorry I did that. I know you're mad but please we have to talk about something big!" "And this isn't some stupid insane plot from a crazy fan?" He asks now sounding suspicious. "No. Please meet me at the diner. I am not a crazy fan. But I have some news for you I think you'll wanna hear." A deep sigh on his end. "Fine. But I'll have security on me just in case." "I understand. And I really am sorry. I didn't know what else to do."

Jason's pov

I sigh and hang up. "So what are ya doin'?" "I'm gonna meet her. Hopefully if I see what she wants she'll leave me alone after." I mutter really annoyed. I tell a couple guards and they stay outside the diner. I walk in and find her. I'm preally pissed off about her coming onstage like she did. "I know you're mad but this is important." "What is it?" Her hands are shaking. "Jason, I-I'm your sister." My eyes go wide. "My what? I don't have a sister!? What are you talking about!?" She pulls a picture out and hands it to me. A boy and a baby. "How do you know this is me? I can't even tell-" "I didn't know from the picture. I'm adopted. I only just found out recently. My mom showed me this picture and said that the boy in the picture is my brother. She told me his name was Jason Williams!" Huh? "I've done extensive research and it's all in my bag if ya wanna look through it. Please I'm telling the truth here!" Whoa! I might have a sister! "This.... Wow I'm really shocked." I finally mutter sitting down. She pulls a few pieces of paper out of her purse. "Lemme guess ya want money or somethin' like that?" I mutter annoyed. "No. Nothing like that." "Then what?" She smiles tears in her eyes. "I wanna get to know my brother."