27 -- Underwater Kisses and Vats of Purple Slime

Start from the beginning

He rolled his eyes and walked out. Alex grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs to my room. He closed the door and locked it. “Garrett’s going to be pissed,” I said with a smile turning in the corners of my face.

He shrugged with a smirk on his face. “I’ll risk it. I haven’t got to really kiss you since Fiji.” I sighed. It was true. The guys were still watching over us like hawks. We never got to kiss, like really kiss. He walked over and put a hand on my face.

Our foreheads were pressed against each other as we stared into each other’s eyes. “You have no idea how beautiful you are Danni.”

I smiled and then it turned into a frown. I thought about how many girls he’s kissed and how many girls he’s told that to. I didn’t compare to any of them. “I’m not beautiful Alex. You’ve dated some of the prettiest girl in school and me, I’m just… not.”

He shook his head rubbing his forehead against mine.  “You’re so, so wrong, Danni. You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever laid eyes on. Nobody, nobody could ever compare to you.” I looked away. He had to be lying. There were just so many girls he had dated. He wasn’t a player or anything, but he had the potential to be one and, since all of the girls only wanted him for dirty business, his relationships never lasted long. But still they were prettier than me. I felt his lips meet mine.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me hard. I gently kissed him back. He pushed back. I sighed. “What the hell is wrong with you?!” he yelled. I looked away. I knew what he meant. I just couldn’t get those girls out of my head. I shook my head and sat down. He sighed and sat next to me. He grabbed my hand and gently squeezed it. “Sorry, what’s the matter?” he asked calmer.

I sighed. “All of those other girls you dated… Why the hell would you pick ugly me?” I asked. I was happy that he was dating me, don’t get me wrong, but I just didn’t understand why he chose me. “I can’t compare to them.” There was nothing special or beautiful about me. Alex should be with a pretty, talented girl.

He rolled his eyes. “You never cared about those girls or if you were beautiful or not before, so why now?” I shrugged. I just now thought of it and them, but now I can’t get it out of my head. “Danni, you’re being stupid.” I smacked him. He laughed. “You’re being stupid because all of those girls will never be as pretty or as amazing as you are.”

I smiled. Alex had a sweet side deep down underneath his sexy abs and he had been showing it more often lately. I kissed him, and not gently this time. He pushed me down on to the bed and lay on top of me. His tongue gently messaged mine. I kissed down his neck. A knock came on the door. “Dammit,” he grumbled and pulled back. I quickly turned the TV on and relaxed on the bed as Alex went and opened the door.

Garrett glared at us. “You two were just making out weren’t you?” he asked. I felt my face get hot. He shook his head angrily. “I can’t stand it!” I opened my mouth to argue, but he shot me a look. Well so much for Garrett being okay with us kissing. “Danni, go. I want to talk with Alex for a while.” I gulped and looked up at Alex. He stared at Garrett uneasily and unsure about what was going to happen.

He squeezed my hand telling me it would be okay. I sighed hoping Garret wouldn’t kill him and went downstairs. All of the guys were watching a movie. I plopped down on Noah’s lap. “You two weren’t upstairs in your room alone were you?” he asked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. What? I wasn’t going to tell Noah me and Alex were making out. I’d been in trouble forever. Noah was still as strict as ever about us.

He nodded believing me and we watched the movie. A few minutes later Garrett walked down with Alex. I looked over at Garrett with my puppy-dog face. “Can I borrow a shirt?” I asked him.