¤ Chapter 23: Family ¤

The ride back to Nest was smooth, everyone was clearly exhausted, mourning over there comrades and friends that they've lost, and will truly be missed.

It was raining as we rode back, Bee's windshield wipers of his alt mode wiping the water away, in a swift motion, making a calm settling sound as I slept.

I slept in the back seat of Bee's alt mode, in his arms, feeling protected and loved as always.

I opened my eyes a little, feeling a little bit more sleepy than I usually am, probably because I haven't gotten that much sleep this week.

I let out a yawn as Bee brushes my cheek softly before kissing it.

"You should be sleeping, you haven't gotten a good night's sleep all week." Bee said concerned.

"I will when we back to Nest." I said through a yawn.

He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

"I could use the sleep when we get back to." He says with a little smile.

"You just want to cuddle." I said bashful.

"You know me so well. So what was going on in that head of yours when you fell, I never got the chance to ask." Bee says to me.

I clutched the necklace around my neck as Bee looks at it.

"Where did it come from?" He asks me.

I looked out the window, my eyes widened as I saw Bee's parents in the reflection, Bumblebee's mother nodded saying that it was okay.

" Bee I-I have to tell you something." I whispered.

Bee looks at me and nods.

"What is it?" He asks crossing his legs on the seat.

I did the same while messing with the necklace, Bee's mother gave to me.

"I s-saw your parents." I whispered.

Bee's eyes widened for a second before he nods, telling me to go on.

"They talked to me and answered my questions, they said I could tell you about it just not anyone else.
T-they said that they love you, I bet there's not one day when you're mother wanted to hold you again. S-she actually let m-me hold you and, and..." I said trying to continue but I was crying, remembering how nice Bee's parents were, I know how hard it must have been growing up not knowing if you're parents loved you or not.

Bee wraps his arms around me, whispering gently in my ear.

"Did they love you too?" He asked me. I turn my head to look at him.

"Yes." I whispered.

Bee smiled and held me tightly as I felt tears on my back.

"That's all I've ever wanted to hear. I've always wanted to know if they loved me or not, plus I'm glad you got to meet them and that they loved you like your parents hopefully love me." He said smiling at me.

I wiped the tears away from his face, still smiling.

"I'm the girl, you're not supposed to be crying, I am." I said giggling.

He wiped the tears from my face and hugged me.

"So where did the necklace come from?" He asked me, gesturing towards the necklace.

"You're mom gave it to me. I'm never taking this off." I said to him.

Bee smiled at me lovingly.

"What we're they like? What we're they're paint jobs, and what do you mean you held me? Was I adorable? I bet I was." Bee rambled on.

I laughed and answered his questions.