Chapter 43

(Third PoV)

"Don't move! How many times must I tell you not to get out of bed huh?? Don't you know simple Korean?" Chanyeol fussed, frowning as he caught Nari getting out of bed when he went to the relieve himself.

Nari pouted as Chanyeol pushed her back to her bed and made her sleep on it. "You're turning into a mother hen like Suho." She told him seriously without a hint of joke. "Maybe you should visit the physician to check it out."

Chanyeol flicked her forehead. "You're still too weak. I can't have you walk around and try to pick up your sword to play." He made a face. "What if you suddenly collapse or something?" he asked, horrified at the aspect.

"I won't." Nari rolled her eyes. Chanyeol was seriously turning into a drama queen. "I'm stronger than you, Amsu, in case you haven't figured that out yet."

She sighed and looked out of the window at the beautiful day outside where she couldn't bask the sun. "I want to go out." She muttered. "It's so boring being kept here in the room all day. Seriously Amsu, it's the bodyguard's job to guard the Crown Priince 24/7, not the other way round." She gave him pointed look.

"And what?" Chanyeol retorted smoothly. "Let you sneak out? You're well enough yet." he insisted.

He sighed and place his chin on his palm. He hadn't being sleeping well for the past few nights because he found himself sneaking over to Nari's room to check up on her in the middle of the night. He found himself worrying unnecessarily and to be honest, he was thinking that Nari may be right. He was turning into a mother hen like Suho.

The princes visited Nari every single day, but that didn't make things less boring. Nari wasn't someone to be kept indoors for long periods of time, and the extent of her boredness was only to be imagined.

"Fine." Chanyeol relented. He was rather tired of reading books to her anyways, his throat rather sore and his voice quite scratchy, and he had to stop every now and then to explain what a certain word meant to Nari/

"How about we just sit by the lake?" Chanyeol suggested. "No moving around." He wagged his finger in front of Nari's face when he saw her eyes light up. "Just sitting there."

"Really?" Nari beamed, the smile reaching her eyes and making them look like a crescent moon shaped. "Let's go now!" She bounced off the bed excitedly, only to stumble a few steps because her legs weren't used to walking gains after resting so much.

"Hey! Steady." Chanyeol held her arm. He frowned and bit his lip. "Maybe this isn't such a good idea. " he muttered.

"Nonsense!" Nari cut him off." You're the Crown Prince Amsu, what you said can't be taken back!" She grinned. "Let's go." She tugged at his sleeve and Chanyeol softened. He kept a firm grip on her arm to make sure she didn't walk to quickly or fall over, keeping their pace slow and snail-like.

But Nari didn't mind. She could breathe the fresh air and bask in the sunlight that she had missed for the past few days. The EXO-K visited now and then, and so did Princess Haeun, but Nari knew Haeun only came when she knew Kai was there.

The two settled themselves beside the lake and took a deep breathe. "This is nice." Nari commented, stretching her stiff limbs. "I can't wait to go for a run. Or practice my sword play." She muttered. "I thought of a few new moves I wanted to show Principal Doon."

Chanyeol nudged her forehead. "You're not even well enough yet, " He murmured.

Nari made a face and laid back on the grass. Chanyeol blinked at her but she ignored him, letting out a contented sigh. "Yah. The grass is dirty." Chanyeol nudged her arm.