Chapter 8

(Nari's PoV)

I almost skipped on my way to the kitchen. It was lunchtime and Chanyeol always had lunch with his parents so this gave me freedom from the prince to do what ever I wanted.

I opened the door to the kitchen and saw Eun. "Lunch time I'm guessing?" She held out a basket and I nodded and took it. "Okay now shoo." I chuckled and went out of the kitchen. This is probably one of the times where she's the busiest.

She is one of the head chefs. "Do me a favor and poison the crown prince." I said tapping her shoulder as she was storing some stew. She shooked her head. "Yeah whatever just go." She glared at me and I chuckled.

Of course I didn't want to disturb her so I left her.

I made my way to the field where I saw some of my past classmates practicing. I saw them noticed me and I just smiled. They blushed a little then turned away. I saw a tree and made my way towards it.

Suddenly I felt 2 pairs of hands trying to push me. I turned around a pulled my sword at them.

"Hello Ugly Duckling." Jungkook said and Taehyung chuckled. I rolled my eyes at them.

They followed me as I walked towards the tree. I sat down and both of them sat next to me. "Tsk. Dorks." I muttered as took out my lunch.

Jungkook and Taehyung were probably my only friends during Gun Academy. Ugly Duckling was my nickname because I was the opposite of the story.

The duck in the story had a ugly face but a wonderful personality. I have a pretty face but cold personality.......only to boys flirting with me. Right?

"So how's life being palace guards?" I said munching on the egg and rice Eun gave me. "Chill. Its boring just standing there but we always play in the end. " Jungkook said but Taehyung shook his head.

"Actually it's the opposite of boring. You know if you look closely while you work, you can see the wonders of nature. Like the pigeons, ladybugs...." He went on and on until I whacked my sword at him.

"Excuse me!!!! I was talking here!!!" He said and I stick out my tongue him. "And no one was listening." I said getting another spoonful of rice while Jungkook laughed. Taehyung crossed his arms and pouted.

"So how is being the Crown Prince's Bodyguard?" Taehyung chuckled and took a bite of his carrot. I groaned and layed down grass. "Terrible." I said and touched my forehead.

They widen their eyes and looked at me. "Yah you're not flirting with him right?" Jungkook said and poked my belly. I hit his arm. "Why would I flirt with a cow?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Good because you're my one and only. " Jungkook winked at me and I hit his belly. "Yeah that what you said to Eun too." I rolled my eyes at him. Taehyung glared at him.

"Don't worry Eun likes you Taehyung." I said and poked his arm. He looked at me blushing hard and I hit him with my basket. "Stop that. It's disgusting." I groaned. He sticked his tongue and I did as well.

Suddenly a wooden sword was thrown at me. "Rematched time. " Jungkook smiled and I smirked. "Sure." I said standing up.

(Chanyeol's PoV)

I looked outside the window while I ate lunch. The window showed the field where the soilders were now practicing sword fighting. Suddenly the boys that were currently fighting had stop as new soilders stepped on the mat.

Wait I recognized that ponytail. Nari?

Chanyeol almost laughed at the fact that she would go again one of the top soilders in the army.

"Dad?" I called him over the window.

"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"Remind me who's the best in sword fighting on the army." I watched as they bowed at each other.

"Oh. Jeon Jungkook. Excellent boy indeed. The top of the class on that pecticular thing for a while." The king drank his tea.

They walked inside the mat in circles. "A while?" I looked at my dad confused.

"Well you see-" He got cutted off by mom.

"Nari took his place."

They both ponuced at each other as their sword made a big clacking sound.

Jungkook stepped back as he tried to make a hit but she blocked it. He pushed his sword forward to make her trip but she backflipped. He smirked and twirled his sword.

He pounced at her once again and she blocked.

Are you serious Nari do something?!? He thought as he crossed his arms. This is actually intense.

Nari flipped and swung at Jungkook but once again he blocked it. They begun to swing their swords at each other. Suddenly Jungkook flipped over Nari and pointed to sword at her back.

Suddenly she slid under him as she faced his back. He turned around quickly and begun to swing at her again. They continually did this for a  few minutes until......SNAP!

Nari's sword broke. Jungkook smirked and tapped the sword on her belly. He whispered something and they seemed to have a talk.  She made a face then threw the broken sword on the ground.

His finger tapped his cheek.

Wait what are they about to do?

She kissed him on the cheek. Then soilders around him started bapping him all over.

I don't know why but my body automatically move out of my parents quarters to the field.

(Nari's PoV)

Once my sword broke, I was panted the living hell outta me. Jungkook smirked and whispered something in my ear. "The Crown Prince is watching." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"So." I whispered back.

"Pretend to kiss my cheek. I wanna see what he would do?" Jungkook chuckled and I hit his waist.

"He won't do anything. Trust me he hates me." I said then he shook his head.

"I doubt that."

"And I doubt the exact opposite."

I heard him scoff. "Just do it." He leaned back and tapped his cheek.

I made a face at him and threw my sword on the ground. "Mischievous Maknae." I muttered under my breath and pretended to kiss his cheek. But I guessed it looked like a kiss from all directions.

Because all the soilders around him started hitting him playfully and he just nodded confidentially.

I looked at the window in which Chanyeol was staring through and saw that he was still there. I glared at Jungkook and mouthed, "I told you."

But he shook his head and pointed behind me. "Come with me." I felt a hand grabbed my wrist and led me out of the the field.

(Hi!!! I'm on my flight to America and I figured why not write I mean I am stuck on a plane for 24 hours. I wanted to sit next to my family but they placed me in some random seat between two teenage boys. And their kinda cute so I made friends with them :) Yeah it was really awkward but I made more friends!!! And they saw me writing my ff......oh well XD)