Chapter 25

(Third PoV)

Nari had a pretty good idea to her question if Haeun gongju liked Chanyeol back later that day.

The EXO-K princes visited Haeun at her quarters out of courtesy and politeness since she returned to the Palace. They quickly found Chanyeol faithfully by her side and found it quite odd.

"Hello Haeun." Suho waved good-naturely while nudging Sehun who slumped as they walked it. Sehun spotted his Haeun looking at him and faked a smile, only to let his facial expression grow slack again once the princess's eyes trailed away.

Haeun smiled. "Annyeong." Her eyes searched the group and fell accurately on the guy she was looking for.

She jumped from her seat and her face lit up brightly. The same exact expression that Chanyeol showed when Haeun appeared the night before.

"Kai-gun!" She beamed and bounded towards him.

Nari blinked in surprise. Could it be?

Kai looked resigned as he returned his attention back to Haeun, sighing. "Oh. Hey Haeun." He muttered.

Haeun smiled ear to ear as she hugged him. "I missed you so much, Kai-gun!" Haeun exclaimed.

Baekhyun made a gagging sound while putting his finger in his mouth. Haeun quickly smiled at the rest of the EXO-K princes. "I missed you guys too." She quickly added, pulling away from Jongin.

There was a awkward silence.

Kai smiled awkwardly, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Ahehe....I didn't think you would remember. It's been quite a long time since you left."

"Too Long!" She pouted cutely. "I wanted to return earlier but Abeoji wouldn't let me." She shrugged and hugged Kai again. "At least I'm here now huh?"

Kai nodded stiffly, squirming in her tight embrace. He threw an exasperated glance at his hyung which was somewhat apologetic. Chanyeol sighed and lower his gaze tot he ground.

Man, he waited for years for er to get back in the palace....and she did. But her heart didn't change one bit?

Nari looked at the exchange of glances between the two, wondering what this is about. Was some sort of love triangle?

Chanyeol definitely likes Haeun , and Haeun seemed to like Kai. How awful! Especially when Kai is Chanyeol's younger cousin.

But did Kai like him back? From what Nari saw, Kai looked undeniably uncomfortable just in Haeun's touch and its didn't take a genius to figure it out.

Nari smiled and nodded. Of course wouldn't fight his hyung for the same girl, he's too nice like that.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and yawned and looked at Haeun, bored. "So are we going to stand here and watch you fuss over Jongin all day or are we going to actually find some shade under this terrible sun." He said sarcastically.

Haeun finally detached herself from Kai reluctantly. "Let's go into my quarters. I got presents for everyone!" She announced.

She smiled at Kai and tugged on his arm. The other princes followed groaning, Chanyeol trailing last.

Nari glanced at Chanyeol and saw him looking annoyed and frustrasted. He suddenly saw Nari and sticked out his tongue childishly, stomping inside.

All signs of sympathy dissipated and Nari rolled her eyes. Pft. Never mind.

"So what did you do when you were out there, Haeun?" Suho asked, starting the conversation as he should as the eldest.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes not bothering to show interest and Sehun had no second thoughts about showing Haeun how much he really didn't favor her as mush as Nari.