Chapter 56 - Home Again

Start from the beginning

Nabi's mother sighed while looking off into the distance. "When the time comes, please tell the public."

"What do you mean, 'When the time comes'?" Nabi asked.

"I'm just saying things." She sighed. "Eat the sweet potato and go sleep. I'm going in to rest."

Nabi nodded. "Alright. Good night mom. I love you!"

"I love you too."

Soon after Nara came out and both began eating the sweet potatoes. They both began joking around and laughing about anything and everything. After they talked, they sat in silence, rocking on the bench swing while looking out into the dark areas around their hometown.

"Unni, don't you think mom has gotten thinner?" Nara asks.

Nabi shrugged. "She was probably overworking herself in Busan. Planning a wedding doesn't sound easy."

"I guess you're right." Nara shrugged.

Soon Nara went off to her room to sleep. Nabi sat quietly to herself. Her mind wondered over to Kwon Jiyong and she began wondering what he was doing. It was late so she thought he was probably asleep. That was until her phone rang.

"Hello?" Nabi answered.

"It's so good to hear your voice." He says.

"Jiyong oppa?" Nabi asked even though she knew it was him.

"Hmm." He hummed tiredly.

"Why are you up so late?" Nabi asked.

She heard him scoff. "And what about you?" He asked.

Nabi smiled. "I'm just thinking." She sighed. "What about you? Aren't you tired?"

"I am. But since you haven't been to work for three days, temporarily living with Ji Hoon, and now that your at your mom's house, I feel like it's been years since I've last seen you. It's only been four or five days and it feels like years since I've last seen you." Kwon Jiyong admitted openly.

Nabi felt herself stop breathing. Her heart began thumping rapidly in her chest. Even her cheeks redden by what he said. The way he said it so easily, even with his thick and tired voice, it made her heart flutter. The obvious sincerity in his voice was what made her fall deeper in love with him and with just that thought, her whole world stopped. She is in love with Kwon Jiyong. He easily snuck into her heart and planted himself there. Honestly, he wasn't even her type but there he was winning her heart like a piece of cake.

"Hello? Did you hang up?" Kwon Jiyong asked after a moment of not hearing Nabi's reply.

Nabi cleared her throat and began breathing again while nodding. "Yes. Sorry." She chuckled. "Honestly, I miss you too. Maybe it's because we always seen each other, but it does feel long even just for five days." She smiled sadly.

"Maybe I can come see you there tomorrow?" Kwon Jiyong asks.

Nabi felt bubbly inside and she had to control herself from squealing of happiness. "Yeah that sounds cool." She says cooly.

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow. Get some rest so you can give me a big kiss tomorrow." Kwon Jiyong laughed.

"Yah~" Nabi says blushing. "I'm going to hang up if you keep doing that."

"Doing what? Making your heart flutter? Your cute cheeks red?" Kwon Jiyong says with a smirk. "Don't worry our little Dwaeji, there is more of this oppa's sweet talk to get your cheeks red."

Nabi chuckled. "I'm seriously going to hang up."

Nabi didn't end up hanging up and the two talked for hours on end about anything. Not even caring that the sun was rising in a few hours.