27: Labor (Part 3)

Harry:
Harry was everything you could've asked for and more when it came time to have your little girl. He stayed by your side the entire time, got you everything you needed, and made sure the room was as quiet as it could be.

"I am so regretting not going for the pain meds," you whined plopping your head back down on the beds pillow.

"You're doing so well (Y/N)," he whispered, "You're so close baby."

"Harry I don't think I can do this," you cried.

"I know it's hard but I know you can do it," he encouraged.

"No I really can't," you shook your head, "I'm exhausted and I just want to sleep but I'm in too much pain too."

He opened his mouth to say something but he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Your nurse walked in and greeted the two of you.

"Alright Mrs. Styles I'm just here to check you and see how everything's moving along," she said.

She stopped and checked all of the machines next to you.

"How are you feeling?" She asked sitting herself down at the edge of your bed to check you.

"Lots of pain," Harry sighed answering for you.

"Well it looks like that's all gonna be over soon," she said, "Looks like you're ready to push."

"Really?" You questioned in disbelief.

She nodded, "I'll go get Dr. Ellis and your little girl will be here before you know it."

Niall:
Niall rushed inside the hospital and got someone to come out and help you. You were wheeled straight back into a room and changed into a gown. A nurse got you settled in and your doctor met you there.

"Hello," she greeted walking into the room, "Looks like this little boys ready to come out, huh."

You half smiled at her due to the pain you were experiencing.

"Let's check you out alright," she said.

She checked all you and pulled up a scan of Noah on the monitor.

"Alright we can get some medicine for the pain going through your i.v.," she said, "You're 7cm along. Since this is your first baby we're not sure how quickly labor will progress for you. It can be anywhere from an hour to 5 or more. In the meantime I think it'd be best for you two to take a walk and let gravity do its work. Hopefully it'll progress things a little quicker."

After she left the nurse administered pain medicine through your i.v. And got you ready to go and walk around for a little bit. The pain medicine didn't take very long to set in and you were feeling much better.

You and Niall walked the same hallways over and over again, stopping every few minutes when a contraction hit.

"How are you doing?" Niall asked, his hand rubbing up and down your back as you slowly walked down the hall.

"I've been better," you smirked.

"You're doing amazing," he kissed the side of your head.