5: First Appointment

•••
Harry:
       Although you had known you were pregnant for quite some time you weren't able to get in to the doctors office for a few weeks. Today was finally the day you'd be seeing your little one for the first time and you were beyond excited. The only problem was Harry wasn't there yet.

"Would you like to wait a few more minutes for your husband or should we continue on without him?" Dr. Morgan asked.

"Is it possible to wait just a little longer?" You questioned.

"Of course," she grinned, "I'll go check on another patient and then I'll be right back."

You took out your phone, still nothing from Harry. You were about to call him again when you heard his voice out in the hall. A few seconds later he popped through the door.

"I am so so sorry," he apologized.

"Where were you?" You asked.

"I got stuck in traffic and I left my phone at work," he explained.

You frowned at him.

"I said I'm sorry (Y/N)," he pouted, "At least I'm here now, right?"

You were about to speak when the door opened again.

"Ah Mr. Styles, I see you decided to join us," Dr. Morgan said coming into the room.

Harry introduced himself and she explained the whole process to the two of you. Pretty soon there was an image of your little one up on the screen. You were mad at Harry but it all seemed to melt away. She pointed out all the details and took measurements.

"Alright so from what I can tell your about 8 weeks along," she said, "So we should be able to hear the heartbeat."

Harry squeezed your hand tightly and you turned to him. His eyes were fixated on the screen and he had the biggest smile on his face. She pressed a few buttons and the sound of your baby's muffled heartbeat could be heard throughout the room.

"That's absolutely amazing," he sighed.

It all felt so real in this moment.

Niall:
     The day had come that you would be seeing your baby for the first time. You were sitting in the doctors office with Niall by your side. You nervously tapped your feet.

"Will you calm down," he chuckled placing his hand on your knee.

"I can't," you sighed, "You know I hate doctors."

"I know," he laughed, "But we're here for a good thing, you should be excited."
...
Within a few minutes you were in a room and being prepped for a sonogram. Niall held tightly to your hand, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles.

"Alright so first we're going to see if we can get a heartbeat," she told you.

She placed a small device over your stomach and moved it around a bit. She flipped on a switch and within a few seconds the sound of your baby's heartbeat could be heard. You couldn't help but smile, you turned to Niall who was doing the same as well.

"Sounds good and strong," she commented, "Now let's take a look."

She switch devices and flipped on the screen. An image appeared and you could clearly see the outline of your little one of the screen. She took down so measurements and pointed out all the features visible in the picture.

"From the looks of this your about 10 weeks along," she smiled.

Pictures were printed for both of you, you got all the vitamins you'd need, and you made your next appointment before leaving the office.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" Niall questioned.

"No it wasn't," you shook your head in agreement.

Liam:
        It wasn't long before you were called back into the office. They first did the basics; height, weight, blood pressure, and a urine sample. You were then sent back into a smaller room and told to change into a gown. The doctor came in a explained the while process to you. He first used a little doppler across your tummy to find the heartbeat. It sounded much different than you had imagined, it was much more muffled and a lot faster than you thought it would be.

"Is it supposed to sound like that?" Liam asked.

"Just give me one second," he said.

He switched devices and a picture popped up on the screen.

"Is everything alright?" You questioned.

"Everything's perfect," he assured, "The reason it sounded like that is because it seems as though you have 2 little ones in there."

"I'm sorry could you say that again?" You asked.

"It's twins," he smirked, "See if you look right over here you can see the first baby, and if I move the screen over here you can see the second one too."

"This is fantastic," Liam grinned picking up your hand in his and bringing it up to give you a kiss.

You looked over at Liam who couldn't take his eyes off the screen. The doctor took measurements and told you that you were about 9 weeks along. You walked out of that office way happier than you'd ever imagined you'd be.

Louis:
        When it came time for your first appointment you were a little nervous. You always had a fear of the doctors office but you kept trying to tell yourself that everything would be fine.

"(Y/N) Tomlinson," a nurse called you back.

Louis took your hand and the two of you walked back into the office. He gave you a nice reassuring squeeze. After you were asked multiple questions you were told to lay down a pull you shirt up. The doctor explain everything and squeezed warm gel across your stomach. Louis could tell you were getting nervous. He placed his head down on your shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be fine," he assured, "I promise."

He kissed your cheek and rubbed his hand up and down your arm trying to calm you.

"Okay," the doctor spoke pointing to the screen, "That right there, is your baby."

"Wow," you sighed.

"It seems your about 11 weeks along so we should be able to hear the heartbeat," the doctor said.

He pressed a few buttons and the sound of your baby's heartbeat flooded your ears.

"That's so cool," Louis smiled.

"Everything looks perfect," the doctor commented, "I'd like to see you back here in about 3 more weeks. In 5 more weeks we'll even be able to tell the gender of this little one."

You said your goodbyes and made you way out of the office.

"I told you everything would be fine," he grinned.
•••
Enjoy! Next part will be "Telling Your Parents."

/kate\