6: Telling Your Parents

Harry:
    You decided it would be best to tell everyone you were pregnant on Christmas Eve. Every year yours and Harry's family got together on this day and exchanged gifts. At this point you were 10 weeks along and couldn't wait to tell everyone. You wrapped up a photo of your last sonogram and decided to give one to Anne and your mom to share the news. You were all gathered in your living room opening gifts. Everyone thought the gift giving was over but you had one last present.

"(Y/N) and I actually have one last surprise for you all," Harry announced.

You watched as he handed on bag to your mom and another to his. Harry came and sat back down next to you, giving you a small smile before turning his attention to your moms.

"You already gave us gifts," your mother protested.

"Yeah, what's this all about?" Anne chimed in.

"Oh just open em will ya," Harry laughed.

You watched at the both took the frames out and unwrapped the Christmas paper from around them.

"Oh my god," your moms hand shot up to her mouth as she realized what was going on.

"Is this real?" Anne questioned turning the photo around.

Harry nodded and you smiled along with him.

"Tell us what it is," Gemma said.

"We're gonna be grandmas," your mom cheered.

Everyone looked at you for a moment.

"Surprise," you grinned shrugging your shoulders.

Both yours and Harry's parents and siblings came over to ambush you both with hugs and 'congratulations.'

Niall:
    Niall had flown in Maura and Bobby to meet with your parents. They weren't suspicious though as this happened quite often. You were enjoying dinner at your parents home. Everyone was having a great time but you were absolutely terrified knowing the news you'd be sharing tonight. After dinner you all gathered in the living room. Niall placed his hand on yours and gave you a look signaling that it was time. You nodded and took a deep breath.

"(Y/N) and I actually have some news to share with you tonight," Niall started.

"What is it hun?" Maura asked.

"Well," he sighed, "(Y/N)'s pregnant."

The room was silent. You looked around waiting for some sort of reaction. You didn't really care what Niall's parents thought, you were too worried about yours. Your mom just stared blankly at you while your father kept his gaze on the floor.

"Well," Maura chimed in, "I think you two will make great parents."

"Mom?" You asked, "Dad?"

"(Y/N)," you mother sighed, "I-I just don't know what to say."

Your eyes welled up with tears. You stood up and ran up to your old bedroom.

"(Y/N), wait," Niall called after you.

You got up to your room and sat on your bed. Niall came up behind you and held you close.

"It's okay princess," he soothed.

"Niall," you mother knocked on the doorway, "Would you mind leaving us alone with (Y/N) for a minute."

He nodded and stood up, leaving a kiss on your forehead before heading back down, "I'll be right downstairs if you need me."

"(Y/N) darling, we're so sorry," your mom apologized.

"No I'm sorry," you sniffled, "I didn't mean to disappoint you."