60- Caitlins POV

The next day, we drive to Mitch and Jeromes' place. We stop outside their house, grab our luggage, and I knock on the door.

"Coming!" Someone yells inside, coming down the stairs and opening the door. He gasps. "Caitlin?!"

"Lachlan!" I yell, hugging him tightly. We hold onto each other for a little bit until Vikk and Simon awkwardly cough. I let go of Lachlan and awkwardly take a step back.

"Vikk, Simon." Lachlan nods to them, and they both nod back.

"Come on in, guys." Lachlan says, and I walk inside first. Nothing has changed; it looks the exact same since I visited a couple years ago.

When Preston and I first got together.

"Mitch and Jerome are out right now, so it's just us." Lachlan says, and I nod.

"Alright, where can we sleep?" I ask.

"Upstairs, in the extra room with four beds." Lachlan replies, taking some of my luggage and walking up the stairs.

"Okay, thanks." Simon says, following him.

Vikk stays back a little, and I look at him. "You alright, Vikk?" I ask, noticing his glum aura.

"Yeah, fine." He sighs, and walks up the stairs after Simon.

"Alright." I whisper, knowing that Vikk needs a little space. I walk to the stairs and breathe in deeply, then start climbing the stairs, struggling.

Lachlan comes back and chuckles. "How much did you pack in here?" He asks.

"Only a little." I reply, handing it to him.

His eyes widen as he realizes I was right. "Wow... Have you not been working out or something?" He jokes, and I force a smile.

"Yep." I lie, hoping he doesn't see through.

He laughs and we walk into the room. "Guys, can I record a video?" I ask.

"But I thought you had all videos recorded for the trip?" Vikk asks.

"I forgot a day." I lie, hoping they believe it. They nod and walk out the room.

I sit down at the little office and start recording a couple videos, but then sigh halfway through. I put my head in my hands as pain hits my head, and I grab the pills next to me. I swallow it, gulping down water. I cough, and blood trickles down the corner of my mouth.

I stare at the computer screen for a while, remembering.
----------------------------------------
The day before I got released from the hospital, a doctor came to me.

"Listen, Ms. West. We don't know what is going on right now, but you are getting a strange disease. We don't know how long it will take to take full scale, but we know that it will happen within the next few years. I suggest you go see some experts." He says, and I sigh, taking all this in.
----------------------------------------
I walk around the sidemen house a few years later, walking down the stairs. I suddenly fall, making lots of noise, and crash into a vase. The glass shatters on me and I scream in pain. Immediately, Josh rushes to my side. His eyes widen in fear as he calls the paramedics.

"What happened, Caitlin?" He asks me, resting my head in his lap.

"I-I fell." I stutter.

"Down the stairs?!" He asks, and I nod.

"For some reason, I-I felt really dizzy." I reply, and the paramedics arrive. They open the door and pick me up, carrying me on a stretcher. Josh comes with me, and I look at him.

He grabs my hand, closing his eyes. "Everything will be okay, Caitlin. Everything will be okay." He says, comforting himself more than me.

"I-it will." I shakily reply. I try to reassure him and smile, but cough up blood. The paramedics rush to me and try to calm me.

What I told him that day was a lie.

We arrived at the hospital and I was immediately rushed to the intense care wing. From there on, I blacked out.

I woke up in a hospital bed the same day, Josh still at my side. Everyone else was in the city, and haven't received a word about my condition.

The doctor steps in, and he looks downcast."I have some bad news." He says, and Josh stands up to leave.

"Stay." I whisper, grabbing his hand. He nods and sits.

"Ms. West." He sighs, taking a seat. "You have fibromyalgia, an incurable disease, and only have three years left to live." He says, and my eyes widen.

"W-what?" I ask, tears forming. "Y-y-you're joking, right?" I ask, hoping that he is lying.

But the doctor looks down. "I'm sorry; this must be really hard on you." He says, walking out.

I look at Josh, and see that he is silently crying. I reach out to him and he pulls me into a hug. We cry, and my heart aches, knowing that I have three years.

Three years... Is this really what God has in store for me? Why does fate have to be so cruel?

I slowly break away. "Josh, don't tell anyone."

"Why? The guys have a right to know." He replies.

"I don't want anyone to know. I don't want to hurt anybody else. Please." I beg, tears flowing down my face.

"... Alright." He slowly responds. "I won't tell anyone."

"Thanks, Josh." I reply, hugging him again.
----------------------------------------
After that, Josh and I went around England for a few weeks, making sure that the diagnosis was correct. And it mostly was.

Some doctors said I had tuberculosis, but a majority said fibromyalgia.

We went home, devistated, and never told our friends.

Not even Vikk.
----------------------------------------
I sigh, continuing my work. I lied to everyone; I know that I am going to die in two years, so I am overworking myself and trying to record as many videos as possible for my fans, so that when I am gone, they have at least a few videos to watch.

Eventually, I fall asleep, my head on the keyboard.
----------------------------------------
I open my eyes and realize where I am. My eyes widen in fear as I try to fight the chains holding me to the chair.

"Let me go!" I scream as my father emerges, beating me.
----------------------------------------
On one side, is white. On the other, is red and black. A girl stands between the two, contemplating.

She opens her eyes, and she is strikingly similar to me.

She is me.

She walks into the miserable, red and black direction, never turning back.
----------------------------------------

I wake up a few hours later, with a blanket draped around me. I smile at the nice act and record again, bags under my eyes.

After a while my head starts to droop again. I am about to fall asleep when my body racks with coughs. I try to call out or scream to someone, but my fit won't stop.

Unable to stop my fit, I fall to the ground, dragging the keyboard with me.

By now, blood is all over my hands. My stomach starts to hurt and I cry out in pain. I cover my mouth with my hands, trying to stop my violent fit. I roll to my suitcase and shakily open it, grabbing my red towel. I cough into it and scream out, a eerie yell coming out of my mouth.

Just as I am about to lose hope, I catch a glimpse of brown rush through the doors and to my side.

"Don't worry; the ambulance will be here soon." A familiar Texan accent says, and my eyes widen. I stop coughing and slowly look up, as my eyes meet none other than my old lover,

Preston Arsement.