44- Caitlins POV

A/N: okay... I have a serious addiction and have been in a writing mood lately, so here's another chapter!!!
----------------------------------------
"Ms. West?" A police officer sticks his head in the room.

"Yeah." I croak out, turning my head away from Preston.

"My partner and I have a few questions to ask you." He says.

"Alright." I say as the two walk to my side. They pull up two chairs and sit down.

I feel uncomfortable all of a sudden. Preston makes a move to leave, but I grab his hand, giving him a look telling him that he should stay. He slightly nods and repositions himself.

"Alright. First off, I guess we should introduce ourselves. I'm officer Carson and my partner here is officer Diggory." I give a nod for him to continue. "Now, we'll start with the questions, okay? You don't have to answer some of them right away; we get that the event may have been traumatizing for you."

"... It was..." I whisper, barely audible.

"We'll be in here all week and ask you a few questions today to make it less horrible."

"Alright." I sigh, composing myself and putting a ginormous barrier between my emotions and reality.

"First question: what were you doing out so late?" Officer Carson asks.

I mentally sigh, as this is an easy question... Except that it involves Alanna... I ignore the pain in my head and reply, "I was picking up my best friend, Alanna Reznor, from the airport. We were on our way back to my condo."

Officer Diggory writes some stuff down. "Alright; next question. I know that you're a YouTube sensation. Did you post anything online saying where you were going that night?"

I gasp at my own stupidity. So that's how my father knew where we were... I really killed Alanna... "Yes." I reply, "on Twitter."

Officer Diggory writes that down as well, and the two stand up. "That's all for today. Thank you for cooperating, Ms. West. Get well soon."

"Thank you, officers." I reply. They nod and walk out. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Well, they're gone." Preston says.

"Yeah. Listen, Preston. I'm really sorry that I dragged you into this mess." I apologize.

"You don't have to apologize; you did nothing wrong. Your father is just a motherfudger, that's all." He replies.

I lightheartedly laugh. "I guess you're right..." Silence falls and I decide to ask him a question. "How long have I been out?"

"A week, maybe two." He says.

"And how many hours of sleep have you gotten?" I ask him.

He lopsidedly smiles at me. "Maybe three days' worth."

"Preston!" I yell, despite my vocal cords disagreeing with me. "You need sleep!" I scold.

"But how could I sleep if you're not okay?" He retorts.

I lightly blush. "E-eh?"

He kisses me, despite my condition. "Now I'll be able to sleep, knowing that you're alive."

He didn't say okay...

"Yeah." I brightly smile.

He kisses me again, and at that moment, Rob and the rest decide to walk in.

"Ew! PDA!!!" Rob yells.

"Hey!" I yell, blushing.