10- Prestons POV

I feel her snuggle closer to me, and this feeling in my chest is growing. I don't like her, do I? I can't; Rob.... I forget about him, and I want this walk to the car to last forever.

But all good things must end, so I drop her off in the passenger seat and get in, driving to the hospital.

Questions are running through my head. What happened to her? Why is she not home?

We pull up to the hospital, and I pick her up again, waking her. She snuggles into my chest more, and I honestly don't mind.
---------------------------------------------
It's been a few hours, and I've been waiting. The doctors finally say that I can go see her. I open her door and sit by her side. She's asleep and breathtakingly beautiful. I push a strand of hair behind her ear and pick up her phone. No password. I go into her contacts and add myself; she'll be surprised. She wakes up and I put the phone down.

And that's how I became best friends with Caitlin, the girl I've been developing feelings for. And I can't help it.
---------------------------------------------
"Preston!!!" She yelled from down the hall a few days later. She moved in with me. I got up from my office chair and walked over to the living room, where Caitlin was sprawled on the couch.

"Whaaaatttttttt?" I respond.

"I need a hhhhuuuugggg," She replies, copying my tone of voice. I sigh and give her a hug, but I don't want to let go. She lets go. "Thanks bae," She winks.

"No problemo fab girl," I say, walking back into my office.

"Hey, wanna go to Starbucks? I need coffee," Caitlin says.

"Sure, let me finish my livestream though," I respond.

"Ughhhh.... Fine!" She responds, pulling out her phone.

I turn back to my computer, where Rob has been waiting for me. "Nice friend ya got there," He says.

"I know," I respond, chuckling. I look at Rob, and my heart tightens. He looks so hot today....

I see Lachlan sneaking up behind him and try not to laugh. He turns Rob to face him, and rubs whipped cream on his face. I die laughing, ignoring the ache in my heart.