27- Caitlins POV

Soon, the sound of four more kayaks can be heard. "I think we have some uninvited guests here." Preston whispers to me.

"Oi!!! Ceston! We're traveling to Aussie land with you guys!" Jerome yells to us.

Preston and I rotate our boat in their direction and my assumptions were correct; four more boats are trailing behind us.

"What should we do?" I ask Preston, but Vikk answers it for us.

"Kayak race!!!!"

We line up facing the ocean and wait for Vikk to count us down.

"5... 3.... 1... 0... GOOOO!!!" He yells and we take off.

Preston and I pull ahead, and stop at the point we decided on, or as close to it as possible. We high five each other.

"Team cheer?" I ask Preston.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Fudge yeah!" I respond, putting my hand on top of his.

"Alright, on three." He says. "One... Two... Three..."

"TEAM CESTON!!!" We both yell as loudly as possible, raising our intertwined hands.

"Cheaters." Lachlan mutters from the right of us, to which Preston and I laugh.

"Love you too!" Preston yells to him. He earns a glare from Vikk.

I look over the left side of the boat, and gasp in awe. "Oh my gosh!!!! Preston look at the baby turtles!!! They're so cute!!!"

Preston looks over the side and fan girls too. "They're soooo cute!!! I just wanna hug it!!! Hey Merome!!! Can Caitlin and I bring turtles back to your place?" He asks.

Too our dismay, Merome responds no.

"Hey! Look at the dolphins!" Jess says, looking right. We turn our heads to see the dolphins.

"So cute!!!" Mitch exclaims. "Hey Jerome, can we bring one home?"

"No."

Suddenly, Lachlan and Preston start banging the side of the kayaks.

"What are you doing?" Vikk asks the two.

"This is how you attract dolphins." Lachlan replies. "See, look!!" He says, pointing to the front of the boat, where seven fins appeared. They kinda look like.... Shark fins.

My thoughts are confirmed when one rocks our boat. "Lachlan... I hate you." I respond in a serious voice.

"Why?" He asks.

"I hate you too, Preston." I add, closing my eyes and breathing slowly.

"Hey! They're just dolphins." Preston replies.

Another rocks our boat, and another, almost tipping us over.

"We need to paddle away." I reply, holding tightly on to my paddle. "Mitch and Jess already paddled away...."

"Why do we need to paddle away?" Lachlan asks.

"Because the fins are sharks!!!" I respond, opening my eyes to see us surrounded. They rotate in a counterclockwise direction, pretty slowly to be honest.

Alanna's eyes widen in realization. "Don't tell me they're...?" She trails off.

"Not great whites; we would be dead by now. I think they're tiger sharks." I look off into the distance. "I think some great whites are on their way now."

"Paddle away!!!" Preston yells.

I cover his mouth. "We have to be as quiet as possible, okay?" He nods and I drop my hand from his mouth.

"Jerome and Alanna, go now." They listen, and hurriedly paddle to shore.

"Vikklan, go!" I tell them.

As soon as they get out of the shark   wall, Preston and I quickly follow, high tailing out of there. We join the others, and get off the kayak.

I burry my head in Preston's chest. He wraps his arms protectively around me and kisses my forehead.

"Lachlan's such an idiot." I whisper.

"You just figured that out?" Preston responds.

"... Maybe." I respond, looking up at him. I stand on the balls of my feet and lightly kiss his lips.

"You gotta admit, it was a little funny." He says.

"Yeah right, we were almost shark food!" I laugh, lightly punching his shoulder.

"Can I say it?" He asks me, giving me a goody grin.

I facepalm at his childness. "Sure."

"Shark bait ohh ha ha!!" He yells.

"Idiot." I facepalm again. "Remind me why we're dating again?"

"Come on, you love me!" He responds, waving his arms dramatically.

"Well, I can't deny that." I respond,  not able to escape the smile on my lips.