46- Caitlins POV

"Alright. So, according to the doctors, you cannot do any hard physical training for six months." Preston says, helping me into the apartment.

"Really?!" I groan.

"Yeah. And that means no recording for a week, at least." Preston orders, shutting the door.

"But daaaaaad...." I whine.

"Sorry, daughter." He says.

The atmosphere changes from joking to serious in a matter of seconds.

I laugh lightly and tears fall from my eyes. I drop my crutches and fall into Preston, who wraps his arms around me.

"What's the matter?" He asks, whispering into my hair.

"I-I-I mi-missed you so much." I reply as tears fall down my face.

"I missed you too, so, so much." He responds, kissing the top of my head.

"I can't stop thinking about how all this was my fault." I whisper, barely audible.

Preston catches my words. "I told you, nothing was your fault. Your father was just a doodlebanger." I chuckle at his wording. "Now, let's get you settled into bed." He says, lifting me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and he carries me bridal style to our room.
----------------------------------------
"You'll be good?" Preston asks, standing at the door.

No.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I smile at him.

"Alright." He replies, walking out the room.

Come back.

I sigh.

Come back before I do something I'll regret.

"Guess I should call Alanna's family." I sigh at the amount of work that awaits me.
----------------------------------------
"Hello?" I ask.

"Alanna?!" A female voice asks into the phone. "What happened? You were supposed to call us once you got to Caitlin and Prestons' place!!"

"Umm...." My throat tightens. "This is Caitlin."

"Oh, Caitlin, dear? Hello, I'm Alanna's mother. How are you both?" She cheerfully asks.

"Ummm..." I try, but the exact words can't reach me. "T-there's something I need to tell you. It's serious."

"What happened?!" She asks, alarmed.

She doesn't know yet...

"Well, you see... We got in a really bad accident.. A-and... Alanna's dead. I'm very truly sorry for your loss." I reply as tears fall down my face.

"W-w-what?! Y-you can't be serious?!" She yells as grief takes over her voice.

"Unfortunately, I-I am. I'm so sorry."

She sighs. "We'll need some time, but... I don't know. I'll give you call when I can." We trade numbers and she hangs up.

I feel so awful...

I look around our room, and my eyes land on my boots.

(TRIGGER WARNING)

I slowly and painfully stand up, but crash to the ground due to my leg.

"Shoot!" I mutter under my breath, hoping Preston didn't notice. I wait for a few minutes, but he doesn't come. I sigh in relief and crawl over to my shoes.

I successfully grab my boot with my good hand and my trusty blade, Slice, falls out. I crawl a few feet away and grab my rag that I use to clean. I clutch Slice tightly and crawl to the bathroom and lock the door. I sigh, holding onto the blade like my life depends on it.

I killed Alanna....

Tears fall down my face as my unstable emotions crash down on me.

I killed my best friend...

One slice.

I made Preston's life a living hell...

Another slice.

I hurt everyone near me...

Another one.

I'm a mistake.

Drops of red fall down my left thigh.

I should've never been born.

One more slice.

And-

My phone rings, and Slice clatters to the ground. I grab my rag and clean the droplets of blood running down my thigh and on the floor along with Slice. I hurriedly make my way back into the bedroom and drops Slice and the rag inside my boots.

I crawl to my bedside and pick up my phone. "Hello?" I ask.

Who is my savior?

"Hey, Caitlin!" Vikk chirps.

"Oh! Hey, Vikk!" I painfully reply, wrapping gauze around my cuts.

"Are you busy?" He asks.

"Not really, why?" I ask, tying both ends together.

"No reason, really. Just wanted to talk." He says, quietly.

"Did Lachlan ditch you?" I ask, slightly annoyed at the Aussies behavior. Lachlan and Vikk are currently on a date.

"Kind of, yeah." He says with a hesitant tone. "He saw something and said he'd be right back, but he's been gone for about an hour."

"That motherfudger!" I yell. "Don't worry, Vikk. I'll beat the crap out of him."

"W-wh-aatt?" He replies.

I giggle. "Now, what's the real reason you called?"

He sighs. "You got me. I had a sinking feeling in my gut and with everything that's going on, I thought you might do something." He tells the truth.

"O-oh. Yeah. I-I'm sorry." I reply, a bit awkwardly.

"But you're okay, so don't do anything else." He orders.

"A-alright. Thanks, Vikk. Enjoy your date." I reply.

"See ya!" He says, hanging up. I drop my phone as two people walk in.

"Heyo!" Simon cheers.

"Hi, Simon, Josh." I reply as the two sit down. "Why'd you come all this way to America?"

"Because. You're our friend." Josh replies as if it's obvious.

"O-oh. Right. Thank you." I reply as if it's obvious. "And Simon." I turn to him. "Did you kill Preston yet?"

"No, I did not." He replies.

"Why do you hold a grudge against him?" I ask.

"I have my reasons." He says, not wanting to spill.

"Well, don't kill him just yet, you hear?" I say.

"Yes ma'am!" He says, saluting.

I chuckle. "You guys are the best."