28- Prestons POV

Sadly, Caitlin and I only have one more day at the Merome house. But, we've had so much fun that a few days felt like years.

I try to forget the inevitable thought of departure and listen to the serene sound of the waves.

I grab Caitlin's hand, and we laugh alongside each other at our friends. For once in my life, I feel like I've actually found peace.

Everything's perfect.

If only this moment could last forever.
----------------------------------------

"Ice cream?" Rob asks us.

"Yeah!! Let's go!!" Alanna says, dragging her boyfriend inside the small parlor.

The rest of us follow inside and we order, then take our seats. Caitlin and I sit a little bit away from everyone else.

"Thank you so much for this Preston." Caitlin says, putting her hand on top of mine before I get the chance to eat my chocolate deluxe.

"You don't need to thank me." I respond, giving her a sincere look.

"I feel like I should. I mean you've done so much for me... And well... I just wish I could repay you." She says, looking down.

"You don't owe me anything, just your presence is enough to light up my world. You are best thing I could ever ask for."

At those words, Caitlin blushes a deep crimson. "I can't thank you enough for everything." She says, tearing up a little.

I grasp the back of her head and pull her towards me, kissing her forehead. My lips still linger, when we both say the exact same thing.

"I love you."

"Oi! Lovebirds! Your ice cream is melting!" Lachlan tells us.

"Thank you, Lachlan." Caitlin responds, licking her mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I dig in to my chocolate deluxe, and it tastes ten times better because I am with the people I care about, especially the beautiful brunette in front of me, genuinely happy and laughing with the rest of our friends.
----------------------------------------
"Hey! Look at that!" Caitlin says, pointing out to the beautiful sunset. "It's beautiful!"

I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my chin on top of her head. "But not as beautiful as you." I respond, kissing the top of her head.

"You're so cheesy." She giggles, turning around and hugging me. I turn her so we are both facing the sunset, and we both watch the beautiful sight.

Soon enough, our phones start vibrating, so Caitlin and I take them out and look at them. I mentally sigh, but Caitlin is giggling.

The whole pack, including Jess and Alanna, took photos of us and posted it on Instagram. I gotta admit, they are really cute and artsy.

"Awwwweee." Jess says, looking at her phone.

"Shut it." Caitlin and I say, blushing.

Not long after, and a bunch of photos later (don't worry, we got revenge), we return back to the house and are sprawled around the living room.

"I'm gonna crash; we gotta leave early tomorrow morning." I tell the guys.

"Nah... Stay up! We were about to play a fun game!" Vikk pouts.

"What kind of game?" I ask.

"You'll enjoy it; don't worry." Jerome smirks.

"Then I'm definitely going to bed." I respond.

"Caitlin! Help us, please!" Vikk begs.

"Come on, Preston. It can't be that bad." Caitlin says.

"If it's made up by Vikk, it'll probably be very sexual." I respond, looking at my close friend.

"This time it's not!" He argues back.

"Who says?"

"I say! Either you play the game, or I lock Caitlin and Lachlan in a closet together for three hours." Vikk says.

Suddenly, I feel a boiling feeling in my stomach. "Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY will be locked in a room with my Caitlin." I respond, wrapping my arms protectively around her.

"Caitlin. Your face looks like a tomato." Alanna whispers to her.

"Come on, Preston. Please play." Vikk begs again.

"Fine, as long as nobody touches Caitlin." I reply.

"Hey guys, look! I think Caitlin passed out!" Jess exclaims.