Flirting Studio-Like || Imagine Thirty Seven

"Does anybody have an input on this so far?" It was 2:30 in the morning Derek, a few friends, and extended friends gathered in the studio to help revise and make minor changes to Derek Luh's new single "Body Language."

"Hey, I know I'm really irrelevant but I wanna make a crucial suggestion?"

Twenty-one year old, Y/n Y/l/n  asked permission just to make sure she didn't overstep her boundaries as a stranger.

"Come on sexy, I'm open to constructive criticism."

Derek sent a million dollar smirk towards Y/n causing her to laugh.

"Well first I think you should reconstruct this whole song..."

Derek's jaw dropped, did she not know that the release date was later today?

"All of it? Why?"

Y/n took a seat next to Derek, ready to explain her seemingly outrageous suggestion.

"I know it's absolutely crazy, but I get this song is supposed to be a very sexy song but I think you're holding back, just a bit."

Derek didn't say a word he just furrowed his eyebrows while a few of the guys snickered.

"Do you know how long it took me to conjure up these verses, rewrite, revise, then rewrite again?"

This is not the level of constructive criticism Derek was talking about.

"Okay calm down. I'm not asking you to throw the track away, I said reconstruct. In fact, what I'm trying to say is that you either have too many verses on this track and you need to take some out; or you have a part two your song."

The frown slowly turned up side down and into a small smile.

"Now I'm not a master on writing songs but when you're writing a track like this, you can never go wrong with a little bit of female empowerment."

It gave Derek an idea, since little miss thing had so much advice to give on writing a track, why not ask her to be on the track.

"What's your name?" Y/n cracked a smile, it wasn't often she ran into attractive men who didn't know much of her.

"Y/n Y/l/n, pleased to meet you."

Y/n stuck her hand out for a handshake. Derek shook her hand,

"Derek Luh, since you have a lot of ideas about how this song should be composed, do me a favor and jump in the booth and show me what it is you're talking about."

Behind the two were a group of friends literally shocked at the intensity between the two.

"Give me five minutes, in the mean time you decide what verses are the best and whether you would like to make a part two to your song."

It was this strange form of flirting that was radical, it was like they spoke like they weren't too fond of their attitudes with one another, but also like they liked one another's honesty.

In the five minutes that went past, Y/n came up with the perfect chorus for the song and she was excited.

"Okay, I'm ready to record."

Y/n purposely interrupted Derek's conversation with his producer, just to be petty, because petty was her middle name.