New Life || Imagine Twenty Six

"Hey baby, did you miss me?"

You rolled your eyes at voice of you ex boyfriend, Derek Luh. You turned to
Face him just to come into eye contact with a devilish smirk.

"Why are you here Derek? You know if Liam finds out you're here, he'll raise hell."

Currently you both were in very formal wear, him in a three piece suit and you in a lace gown. Your fiancé decided to throw a party for his people, he wasn't a selfish asshole like Derek was.

"It doesn't seem to mind me being here, and if he's head over heels like he claims to be—" Derek spoke with air quotes over the words head over heels added with an eye roll. "Then he should have no problem with me either."

You laughed at his logic, in what world does that makes sense, you didn't like Liam's ex and he certainly didn't like Derek so there forever will be a problem between the two.

"Just because I don't try to punch your teeth in, doesn't mean I enjoy seeing your face every time you get the chance."

Derek decided to discard his toothpick and pointed in your face.

"Yes you do, in fact you love me popping up that's why you welcome for Liam to have these parties."

Now that was the most arrogant thing he's said so far, nobody asks for their grimy ex to pop up damn near every week for some type of mental get off.

"You're so full of yourself, I can't believe you still wonder why we broke up."

You began to walk away but Derek pulled you right back.

"Riddle me this, when you and I were dating you hated Michael with all your might and you wanted me to do anything to keep him away and I was broke, you're royalty now and yet you haven't mentioned to Liam about banning me from here. What's your excuse, you have the security triple the amount of King of Prussia mall. What's stopping you."

He had a point, you hated to admit it but he was right. When you met Liam you fell head over heels for him and later found out he was loved dearly as royalty in Australia, you had all the resources to literally behead Derek if were to be seen around the castle.

"I don't like to abuse my power, I'm happy with Liam and I'd like to be getting back to him now, so if you'll excuse me."

You left leaving Derek satisfied. Your soon-to-be husband was left chatting with his mother about the engagement and was more than pleased to see you.

"Hello my love, mother was just raving about how good the salmon tartare is, I told her it was your recipe."

You smiled at the sight of his mother, you guys were now best friends although the opinion she once had about you was horrid.

"Good Evening Mother, I'm glad you could make it. You now it wouldn't be a get together without you."

You both hugged placing a kiss upon both cheeks.

"Liam was here gushing over you and trying to get me to take you dress shopping Monday."

You looked over to Liam just to see him blushing beyond means. You gave him a hug and rubbed his chest, one of his many turn ons.

"I'd love to, just give me the time and I'll be ready."

She smiled and walked away with Edgar, her personal bodyguard.

"Can we sneak away love? Just for a few minutes? You're making me fiend for you as of now."

You wrapped your arms around his torso as he kissed your temple. The way Liam made you feel was igniting and exciting to think about, it was like none other.

"We have a party to tend to baby."

He groaned,

"Come on it's just a couple minutes."

You gave in and you both started walking to the bedroom only to run into Derek.

"Dear Lord!"

Liam exclaimed as he realized Derek was sitting on the bench located in front of your bed.

"Damnit Derek, are you serious? Why won't you leave me alone, I've been trying my hardest to be nice to you but you give me every reason to resent you."

This was your breaking point. You weren't one to hold much patience but you trying to keep it together.

"I know you love me and I know we can still run off together and be a couple I'm just waiting for you to come to the realization."

You knew at heart that Derek was not over you but you broke up for a reason and you were a strong believer of "everything happens for a reason," quote. You felt as if you and Derek were meant to be you guys would've been together.

"Liam baby, can you give me a minute alone with Derek? Just a minute."

He looked at his watch and left out the door, he was gonna be back in exactly sixty seconds.

"Derek, if we were meant to be we would've been together. I'm happy where I'm at in my life I love Liam with all my heart, I wanna start a family with him. This life I have now is more than I could've ever asked for please stop whatever you're doing to try and take my happiness away, I beg of you."

He sighed looking deeply into my eyes in search of my integrity. He slammed his fist into the night stand leaving a dent in it but you weren't trippin'.

"I still love you but the last thing I wanna do is strip you from your happiness. I can't promise that I'll show up to the wedding cheering for you and Liam but I'll stick around— if you don't mind— to watch you bask in your happiness."

You shook your head no answering his question and he kissed your cheek.

"I love Y/n I swear I do."

With that he left and outside the door he whispered to Liam some words of wisdom.

"Treat her well Liam for me, and little tip, she doesn't really like roses so don't mention them to her, her favorite flower is a gardenia flower. Mention it to her and she'll glow."