I grinned to myself foolishly, silently acknowledging how lucky I am. "Oh wait, you're trying to tame your ego right?" I chuckled at Joanne on the phone, "Save your breath, I'm coming to rescue you from getting a wardrobe malfunction!" She hung up the phone and reached my doorstep within five minutes, her hand grabbing onto a pink hardcase luggage hiding behind her.

"What the fudge!" My jaw dropped ten feet under the ground, "Is that a luggage?!"

"Mmhmm," She nodded like it was absolutely normal at all, "I told you, I was going to dress you up."

"Okay...so, what's in there?" I blinked at the luggage.

She listed them out. "I have makeup, dresses, shaver, hair straightener and shoes." I know she is going all out because this is my first date. Which I am thankful for her enthusiasm and all, but if I had to really comment on this whole luggage idea, I guess it had to be that it had too much drama involved.

In my humble opinion, I don't want to be a girl who dresses up so much she forgets who her real self is. "Jo, I think you should stop." I paused in my tracks and said. Joanne halted her luggage and looked at me in dismay, "What do you mean, Rainie? Stop what?"

I pointed at the pink luggage, "That."

"I'm helping you look good for your first date! With your first crush! I mean, don't you want to look good also? You are having a meal with Jarrell, the school's heartthrob for crying out loud, and you're not going to look good?" She raised her eyebrow, her expression full of disbelief. Jo's right, you won't want to get ditched on your first date, right?

"That's not what I'm trying to say, Jo," I calmed her down, "I just want to look more...natural."

"But look at those huge eyebags! And and and," She screamed, "You have cracked lips! How is he going to kiss you like that! No, Rainie, you're going to need makeup and my decision is final!"

I pursed my lips at her, "Just promise me one thing. Put a little less makeup."

"Okay okay okay," She reassured me.

-------------^^---------------

"Covering up your dark spots," She held up a concealer in her hand and moved it around my cheek. Then, I felt something moist circling around my lips, "As promised, a neutral lip colour for a natural look!" Once the balm left my mouth, Joanne turned my chair around to face the mirror, "You're done Rainie!"

I gazed at the girl in the mirror. She looked herself, with her hair tied into a messy bun, clad in a cream lace dress that covered three quarters of her arms and reached the mid-thighs. Well, of course I whined and complained about the length but you know that my complains would never change her mind, even just for once.

It was all too soon to start panicking when the doorbell chimed. Jarrell's here, Jarrell is at my doorstep, holding a bouquet of flowers, dressed in a suit, waiting for me! I looked at mirror for the last time, flattening my bun and wearing my spectacles before turning to face Joanne.

"Before you go!" She squeaked in delight, "I have to teach you some tips for kissing! I can't have your amateur acts ruin this lifetime date! Even though I'm sure it wouldn't spoil anything, but nonetheless, you'll still need it!"

"But he's waiting outside!" I panicked.

"Oh, don't worry, I promise he won't run off," She teased as she settled me down the chair. "Firstly, if he keeps stealing glances at your lips, this means that he wants to kiss you badly! And when you catch him doing them, all you got to do is to slightly," She bit her lip, "bite you lip like that!"